Downloaded Transactions Not Appearing in Register

Mark Serena
Mark Serena Member ✭✭
Transactions that are in the QFX file are not appearing in the account register. These transactions have <TRNTYPE>ATM

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark Serena

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If this is a recurring situation, where at least one posted transaction is missing from multiple/subsequent downloads, and the missing transaction(s) cannot be found in the OFX Log and the account is connected using Quicken Connect this may be able to be escalated through Quicken Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

To verify that the account is connected via Quicken Connect, select the account in question and navigate to settings in the bottom right-hand corner.

Thank you,
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mark Serena
    Mark Serena Member ✭✭
    Connection Type is Web Connect. Transactions do appear in the OFX Log. Works fine in Quicken 2017, but when I try in Quicken 2020 the transactions in the qfx file with <TRANTYPE>ATM do not appear to be imported.

Spent time w/Quicken support who said that my Quicken 2017 file probably had a problem (even though it worked fine in Quicken 2017). Said that I shouldn't keep so many transactions in Quicken. I have 20 years worth of financial transactions, over 15k items.

My take is if the product can't support extensive historical data then it should actually limit it. Being able to run multi-year comparisons and show trends is one of the features I need the product for.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Spent time w/Quicken support who said that my Quicken 2017 file probably had a problem (even though it worked fine in Quicken 2017). Said that I shouldn't keep so many transactions in Quicken. I have 20 years worth of financial transactions, over 15k items.

[removed - violation of community guidelines/abuse] You were ill informed by this agent. The number of transactions has no bearing on your issues.

Unfortunately, I do not know the cause of your issue. At the very least, I would use the "Report a Problem" option under the Help menu but it will most likely not get you any feedback unless the development team needs more relevant info.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark Serena

Thank you for the response and let us know how it went with support, although I apologize that this issue persists.

I was able to locate the interaction and the results were that the QFX file could be imported into a test file and the missing "ATM" transactions appeared. This does point to an issue with the file itself.

Please give these steps a try:

Select the account that is not importing properly from the left-hand side, go to Settings > Troubleshooting > Deactivate Downloads.

May I ask that you try to add a new account in the active file and import the QFX into the brand new account and see if the "ATM" transactions are still missing.

To add a new account please navigate to the (+) and choose checking or the type of the account if it is not a checking account.

Then search for the name of the bank, I am using Chase as an example. On the bank, list select, "OPTIONS" and choose Web Connect.

After selecting continue, drag the QFX file to the box shown below.

Be sure to "ADD" the account new to create a brand new account.

Please let me know the results!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mark Serena
    Mark Serena Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help, but have decided that after 20 years I'm going to stop using Quicken. Several reasons;
    1) Really don't like this subscription model,
    2) The MAC version isn't as functional as the Windows version,
    3) And this is the big one, this recent problem has revealed that Quicken is sending information to its servers. Did not know that. Tried using Import File while offline and it wouldn't work at all. Very uncomfortable with any of my data being sent to Quicken.

Can you help me request how to have my Quicken User ID and all associated data deleted from Quicken's cloud?
This discussion has been closed.