After providing MFA, accounts are still not updated

Credit Union (NFCU) recently required MFA. After providing the code sent by NFCU, my accounts there still do not update.

I'm coming up on my subscription renewal and at this point, I'm leaning towards not renewing and moving to Personal Capital (Free).

What steps can I take to resolve this? BTW, I've been a quicken user for 20+ years... Not a fan of the subscription model.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JoeF,

I am also an NFCU member and Quicken user. You may not be aware, but NFCU will let you opt out of the 2 factor authorization. I have done this and avoided the connectivity issues with Quicken.

Here's some related guidance from the NFCU website:  (this is an answer to a FAQ on the NFCU website):

Why am I being prompted for 2-Step every time I sign in? 

Enable Easy Sign In on mobile or check the box to "trust" your browser in online banking to avoid being prompted for 2-Step every time you sign in. You can do this during the 2-Step process, in Profile & Settings on mobile* and in Settings in online banking.

In addition, another FAQ on the CU website says this: "

FAQ

1.    How will 2-Step Verification impacted me if I use a financial third-party site like Mint.com? 

You may experience issues with third-party sites or apps that pull information from your accounts across different financial institutions. We recommend checking your accounts directly through our mobile* and online banking services.

So, I decided 
    to choose the "let Quicken connect" option (and opted out of MFA) versus the " 2 factor security" option. And I offset the potential risk by frequently changing my p/w's.

Hope this helps,
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JoeF
    JoeF Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx..
    I had done that at one point, but when I logged back in via Mobile, it forced me to reactivate MFA.

Maybe I'll try again...
  • JoeF
    JoeF Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx..

I did disable it in my browser, updated Quicken (that worked!), but when I went back into my iPhone to look at my accounts, I had to either enable MFA or Sign Out.

Do you get different behavior?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe,

I just tried OSU in Quicken for my accounts and got an error code cc-585.  This is the first time I have had any issues.

Looks like they may have changed something.  I am still looking at it and will update you with any new information.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mpagano22
    mpagano22 Member
    I can't get any help from Quicken on the NFCU issue. I have updated Quicken, deactivated all my accounts and the one-step verification is still not working. Quicken, why can't you answer my question????
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoeF said:
    Thanks Frankx..

Do you get different behavior?
    Hi JoeF,
    Actually, I am now also required by NFCU to do the MFA, which is new for me.  However, once I enter the code, the download works fine.  And it doesn't appear that I will be able to disable the MFA anymore, (but I am going to keep trying).
    Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mpagano22,

Sorry, but we are just other users here (not Quicken employees) so we aren't here all the time.  What questions about connecting with NFCU do you want answered?

Frankx 

This discussion has been closed.