Will repeating payments be terminated when Quicken Bill Pay is cancelled?

If so, will repeating payments be supported in Quicken Bill Manager
Tagged:

Answers

• SoCalScott
    SoCalScott Member ✭✭
    I've heard - but have not confirmed - that repeating payments in Bill Pay will be discontinued. I'd also like to know if Bill Manager will allow repeating payments.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the repeating payments are issued by Quicken Bill Pay, when the Quicken Bill Pay service is terminated, the repeating payment will no longer be issued by Quicken Bill Pay.  I suggest canceling the repeating payment series in Quicken earlier to avoid any unforeseen issues: press Ctrl + J, select the Repeating Online tab, the payment series, Delete, Delete, and update (press Ctrl + 1, etc).

If you are looking to migrate from Quicken Bill Pay to an equivalent bill pay service to pay bills from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using any of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method.  
  • jmosenson
    jmosenson Member
    Isn't that what the new Bill Manager will do. Pay my bills either electronically or by check?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmosenson said:
    Isn't that what the new Bill Manager will do. Pay my bills either electronically or by check?
    No.  The Quick Pay only pays online billers electronically but you may use Quick Check to send anyone in the US a physical check.

You may find Quick Pay is sufficient, if:
    • your online payees maps to supported online billers
    • you do not need to schedule payments
    • you do not exceed the per month payment limit
  • mjbank
    mjbank Member ✭✭✭
    There is a FAQ question at
    https://www.quicken.com/billpayD?utm_source=100&utm_medium=email&utm_content=006&utm_campaign=EMBP01NA200305

The question is: "Can I schedule payments with the new bill pay?"
    The answer given is: "Not yet."

I'd sure like to know what "Not Yet" translates to in terms of weeks/months/years? May 31 2020 is coming down at us like a freight train!
  • mnblackw
    mnblackw Member ✭✭
    When is Quicken planning on implementing "schedule payments" with Quicken Bill Manager? This seems to be a significant oversight in light of this major transition to the current solution, I do not recall any request for user inquiry as to what capabilities/features that a long time user can do without... and this is one that the majority of us can should not do without .. Just saying!
This discussion has been closed.