bank credit card account won't update with new transaction.

Options
Using a Mac. my credit card account won't update since 2/10/20. I am using quicken connect.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Which bank?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • lnayes
    lnayes Member ✭✭
    Options
    Citibank
  • RickO
    Options
    For Citi credit cards using FI "Citi Cards", you should switch from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect (which is free). It will work much better. See this:

Choosing Direct Connect
  • lnayes
    lnayes Member ✭✭
    Options
    Direct Connect and see if that will work. It's odd that the error report says there are transaction that have been downloaded from the bank. Thanks.
  • lnayes
    lnayes Member ✭✭
    Options
    still not working with web connect.
  • lnayes
    lnayes Member ✭✭
    Options
    ok for some reason it turned off downloads for my account and I just had to reinstate it, so I got my transactions now. Whew
  • RickO
    Options
    Are you on Direct Connect now?
  • lnayes
    lnayes Member ✭✭
    Options
    It says Quicken connect. I tried Direct connect with Chase bank but it didn't work so I went back to the first choice on the list. Now on the checking account with Citi it offered Quicken for Mac. But the credit card is Quicken connect.
  • RickO
    Options
    With Citi credit cards,  you have to use FI "Citi Cards" (not CitiBank). Glad you have it working now, but if you have future trouble, I'd recommend changing the card to Citi Cards with Direct Connect.

For Chase, you can use FI name "Chase" and Direct Connect for their credit cards for free.

Note that for other than credit card accounts, Citi and/or Chase may charge for Direct Connect service.
This discussion has been closed.