Under all Transactions, some negative numbers are no longer red? (Q Mac)

Matt Newland
Matt Newland Member ✭✭
In this case, specifically, the Banking numbers right under All Transactions, used to be 'red' when it was negative. Now, it is always black regardless of positive or negative.

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken 2015-Current (2020) have all used the same coloring scheme:

If using the "Amount" column, inflows are green, outflows are black. 

If using separate inflows/outflows columns (i.g. Payment/Charge, etc.), both are black.

The running balance in individual accounts is black if positive, red if negative. Since the All Accounts view (or any other account grouping) won't display a running balance, you won't see any red values there.

Is this not what you are seeing?
  • Matt Newland
    Matt Newland Member ✭✭
    Exactly! Thanks! Also, I discovered today that when I paid off a credit card down to the zero balance - the zero balance now stay's red and it doesn't turn to black when zero like it used too!

Glad it's a bug and not a new form of accounting!
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yes, this is quite strange. It didn't used to do this. It's interesting, since I have a credit card that I had paid off and then my wife returned the item, creating a credit balance. This transaction was entered before the most recent update, and the amount showing in the sidebar is black. When I created a fake transaction in another account just now, zero and positive values stay red! So it appears that this is only affecting transactions since the update.

I will also report this as a bug.
This discussion has been closed.