Error Message

Because of an error message I keep getting when trying to sync to Quicken Cloud, I was told to "reset my cloud data set". I don't know hat that means or how to do that. Please explain.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi gresco,

To reset your cloud data set:
    Please start by reading this article about troubleshooting the mobile app, and in particular, the section titled "I'm having trouble syncing to the Quicken Mobile App"

Start troubleshooting by making sure your Mobile App is up-to-date. (If need be, manually accept and update the app from the Google Play Store/Apple App Store.)

Next, update the Quicken software on your desktop/laptop computer. (Tools > One Step Update)

Then, Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program
    Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    Click Reset your cloud data.
    Step 2: After resetting your cloud data

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID. 
    Also Note: The Mobile App is a companion app and requires the desktop Quicken program to sync data with. Make sure when syncing on your desktop that the accounts you want to sync are selected. In the Mobile & Alerts tab, you can see what accounts are enabled for Mobile Sync. If the accounts you want to sync are not listed there, you can click Edit Account Setting to add or remove accounts from Mobile Sync.

If you aren't seeing the data file you are expecting to see, try signing out of the Mobile App and signing back in. Also, make sure you are signing in using the same Quicken ID on both your desktop and mobile device.

If, having completed the troubleshooting steps outlined above, you continue to get an error message about syncing to the Quicken Cloud, then contact support directly.

Or you could post back in this thread for additional help or to let us know how you resolved the issue.

This discussion has been closed.