Why are the invoices generated deleted after the file is backed up?

QuickUserLV
QuickUserLV Member ✭✭
I create a backup after I create all my invoices for the month and haven't had any problems for over a year, but now, I notice the invoices are not listed in date/invoice order anymore and after I backup my file, all the invoices I created are deleted. It seems like any updates I have made after 1/28/20, the invoices and data updates in the checking statement keeps deleting itself. The file is acting very strange. Also, when I copy an invoice and update it for the next month, the memo data is removed. I enter the memo data again and save the invoice. Then I go back in to the invoice and the memo data is removed.

Has something happened to Quicken since 1/28/20?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Answers

• QuickUserLV
    QuickUserLV Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I opened the "Sorting Options" and it was soring by Date. I did a "reset" and it appears to be in date, then invoice number order. I tested adding a new invoice and it appears to put it in invoice order for the invoices with the same date so it looks good. I will know for sure when I do my next round of invoices. Thanks so much for the tip. I didn't know about the "Sorting Options". It would be nice if it gave a option to sort by primary and secondary but it looks like this may have worked. I'll give an update if I have the same problem next time.
    Again, Thank you Sarah!

Answers

• QuickUserLV
    QuickUserLV Member ✭✭
    Correction, the data in the message to customer, not memo is removed.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @QuickUserLV

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • QuickUserLV
    QuickUserLV Member ✭✭
    I removed and reinstalled Quicken and I restored the data from a previous backup and it appears the deletion after an invoice is created has gone away but as I add new invoices, the system used to represent new invoices created in the same day in invoice numerical order and now it doesn't. What could that be related to.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are referring to your Customer Invoices account or any other banking account register, please make sure that the register is sorted by Date and not by any other column. It's relatively easy to accidentally click the mouse on something as you move the mouse pointer across the screen.
    To sort your register by (almost all) columns, click the desired column header, e.g. Date, once.
    To toggle the sort order between ascending and descending sort sequence, click the column header again (but do not double-click)
  • QuickUserLV
    QuickUserLV Member ✭✭
    Yes, I am referring to my Customer Invoices account and am sorting by date. As I add multiple invoices with the same date, it used to add them to the list in the invoice # order or even the order in which I add the invoices (sequential). However, now it adds them to the list in a random order. Has something with the software changed or is there a setting I'm not aware of?
  • QuickUserLV
    QuickUserLV Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I opened the "Sorting Options" and it was soring by Date. I did a "reset" and it appears to be in date, then invoice number order. I tested adding a new invoice and it appears to put it in invoice order for the invoices with the same date so it looks good. I will know for sure when I do my next round of invoices. Thanks so much for the tip. I didn't know about the "Sorting Options". It would be nice if it gave a option to sort by primary and secondary but it looks like this may have worked. I'll give an update if I have the same problem next time.
    Again, Thank you Sarah!
This discussion has been closed.