Cash Account Disappeared from Mobile App - but is still listed in Quicken desktop.

Options
Sokratis
Sokratis Member ✭✭
I was adding some new transactions manually in my cash account and suddenly after adding 3 transactions, in the 4th transaction I could not longer see my cash account.
I check my account list ony mobile but the cash account was no longer listed. I tried logging out and back in, still no cash account.

The cash account is listed in my Windows app, but I can no longer see it on my mobile app.

Why did it disappear, and how do I get it back? Please don't say remove it from synch in Windows and back again, as that means I will lose all the transactions I added past few days, so need to know how to recover this cash account with all transactions from cloud without losing any.

Thanks
Quicken - Home & Business, Year: 2019, Version: R16.18, Build: 27.1.16.18, Edition: Canada
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1803 Build 17134.619

Comments

• Sokratis
    Sokratis Member ✭✭
    Options
    And just to show that I did further test, I installed the mobile app on my iPhone and for split second I could see the account and transactions I added in past before the sync started and the cash account was gone.

So the account must be somewhere in the cloud but I can't access it.

Any help is appreciated.
    Quicken - Home & Business, Year: 2019, Version: R16.18, Build: 27.1.16.18, Edition: Canada

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Sokratis

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still experiencing issues with viewing the cash account in the mobile app, may I ask, what is the currency for the missing account?  Is it USD, CAD or a different currency?

Please also go to the Mobile & Alerts tab in Quicken and let us know what is listed for the last sync date?

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Sokratis
    Sokratis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

The cash account is in CAD. The last sync I had from my Quicken desktop app was on February 25th, 2020, and I can still see the cash account on the desktop app but still nothing on mobile.

I am afraid if I initiate sync on the desktop app, I will lose all the transactions I inputted in the mobile app after the last sync, which I don't want to do.

Any assistance you can provide to get the account in the cloud restored with all the transactions would be appreciated.

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Sokratis

Thank you for confirming the last sync date and currency of the missing cash account.

If a sync is initiated from the Mobile & Alerts tab, it should only sync the changes made from the Mobile App into the desktop file, and not attempt to download transactions or data that would override the data from the Mobile App.

However, if I review your internal profile information, I can definitely see that the Mobile App and desktop Quicken are out of sync. At this point, the only solution I can recommend is to perform a sync from the Mobile & Alerts tab in an attempt to sync the changes from the Mobile App.

Based on the information I can see internally, the cash account is listed, but doesn't show an update since 2/25 so I'm concerned that the data entered in the App may not sync with the desktop file.

As a test, before doing anything in the desktop version, I would recommend logging into the Quicken on the Web app (https://app.quicken.com/) and checking for the cash account/entered transaction information.

If you can view the cash account and transactions in the Quicken on the Web version, then once the sync is performed in the desktop file, all the data should be there and back in sync.

If the cash account doesn't appear, then I apologize, but I'm afraid that information will have to be manually re-entered from the desktop side.

I hope this information is helpful and please let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.