Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't use Quicken Bill Manager

I'd like to try using the new Quicken Bill Manager for making payments. But I can't because my Bills and Income page calls "Attention! Important upgrade required for Online Bills." It goes on to say that I need to remove Capital One as an online biller. When I click on the Remove button, a windows says they were successfully removed, but back on the Bills and Income screen, Capital One and the error message about Quicken not supporting them is still there.

So, I cannot remove Capital One, therefore cannot get past the error message, therefore, I can't use Quicken Bill Manager. There are plenty of Quicken Community notices about not adding Capital One as a biller, but nothing about how to remove them if they are already there.

How do I get past this error? And please don't tell me to reboot, re-install, validate, or send me the link to 101 troubleshooting, as I have done all those multiple times.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @GuyManDude,

Is it possible that you have online payments that have not yet cleared?

You can't edit or delete a "payee" (or "Online Biller" as you say) in Quicken Bill Pay if there are pending payments for that payee. You must either wait until the payment has cleared or cancel the payment.

Let me know if this is the case.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • GuyManDude
    GuyManDude Member ✭✭
    I have had this situation for months. Payments and bills are all cleared (multiple times).
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, then I think you should contact Quicken Support.

Here (bottom of the page) are the links to both Chat (hit the "Talk to Support" button) and Premium Support.
    https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
This discussion has been closed.