Stock Option Expiration

Darren@
Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta
I think I'm seeing a bug in Quicken (Windows Deluxe 2020 R25.10 27.1.25.10). Had Stock Options that expired on 2/24. I exercised on 2/24. When trying to enter the transaction, I use 2/24 as the date, but the grant isn't listed. If I change the exercise date to 2/23, then the grant is listed. When I check the grant itself (and the register transaction) the expire date is 2/24.

I would think that most options are allowed to be exercised the day they expire - so Quicken has an off-by-1-day bug when looking for grants to display...

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Darren@

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and steps available here, and let us know if any of the comments help to resolve the missing vested stocks.

Let me know how it goes!
    ~~~***~~~
  • cclough0739
    cclough0739 Member ✭✭
    Quicken fumbles with stock option downloads. It relabels a buy and sell. It refuses to allow you to enter an option buy or sell manually. it looks like the programmers don't understand option transactions very well.
  • GinRummy01
    GinRummy01 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka - That link points to a discussion on employee stock options. The question on the stock options. Calls, Puts, etc. Quicken has never had support to enter these in. Lets say I buy 5 options of a given stock priced at $1. Quicken will treat this as 500 shares at $1, Not 5 options at $100 each. A big different.
  • Darren@
    edited July 2021
    [removed unhelpful and self-referencing URL link]

Had options that expired 6-29-2021 and were exercised on 6-29-2021. But Quicken won't show me those options unless I put in a transaction date of 6-28-2021.

Quicken Deluxe subscription (Windows)
    Version R33.24
    Build 27.1.33.24

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Did you ever follow-up with @Quicken_Tyka as requested?

If you haven't aIready, I suggest you report the problem to Quicken: select Help > Report a problem...
  • Darren@
    Yes, at the time I used the link provide (which is now dead). And it had nothing to do with the issues I was seeing.

> If you haven't aIready, I suggest you report the problem to Quicken: select Help > Report a problem...
    Ah, I had thought these forums were the way to report issues. I will use the in-program menu option.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darren@ said:
    > If you haven't aIready, I suggest you report the problem to Quicken: select Help > Report a problem...
    Ah, I had thought these forums were the way to report issues. I will use the in-program menu option.

This user to user forum can help to resolve a great number of issues ... but we are other users and there are some things that "need to be kicked upstairs".

Even though this forum is sponsored, and Moderated by Quicken, we're NOT "official Q support" unlike "Help > Report a problem"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.