Issues with the budget Tool

Options
Hi,
First i'm using Quicken Window on Mac with Crossover 2. The Quicken Version 2017-05

Unfortunately, this morning I change an expense category to revenue category. This category had under-category. No Budget were planned on them.

After that, I was not able to plan on expenses. I was still able to see the amount when I run the report Budget / Actual. I tried to delete all those categories. The category that I moved to the revenue are still appearing in the budget, but they do not exist anymore.

I did a back-up and I deleted all my budget. I still get the same result. When I run the report ACT/Budget, the budget value from this morning are still here.

It seems that there are still data in the system even after deleting all the budget.

Comments

• JD
    JD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried again to delete all the budgets. When I create a new one, the category which were budgetet are still there. When I select one, the amount are coming back. I repeat myself: by deleting the budget, from a DB it is not deleted.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hello @JD

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Do the categories still show after completing this step?

Let me know!

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.