I have just created a new file for Business - How to set up accounts - QMac 2007 -

I have just created a new file for Business - As I start to set up accounts, Financial institution does not pre populate like in my original file. How do add new accounts so I can link and download files.

Was my new data file not created properly?

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello mrossano,
    So we can better help you, please provide additional details about your exact situation: WIN/MAC, US/CAN, Starter, Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business version of Quicken? Is your subscription active and your software up to date?

When you go to add an account, (Tools > Add Account) what type of account are you trying to add?
    Do you receive an error message at all when trying to add the new account? What, exactly, happens when you try to add an account to the new data file?

With more details about your exact situation, we should be better able to address your concerns.

As an alternative, you might also contact support directly.
  • mrossano123
    mrossano123 Member
    MAC, US MAC Personal finance 2007 copyright thru 2015 - 16.2.4
    software should be 2/3 years old. not sure if active.

File> account> new - - just looking to add any type of account usually a list will pop up to choose from amex, chase etc. you also have the ability to add manually. The list is blank i am not able to choose any financialinstitutions. there for I will not be able to link automatically
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    MAC, US MAC Personal finance 2007 copyright thru 2015 - 16.2.4
    software should be 2/3 years old. not sure if active.

First.... based upon the Release numbering - 16.2.4 -
    I'm guessing it is really a Windows install and not a Mac install -
    ... Help --> About Quicken
    Maybe a Windows install ON a Mac VM/Parallel system ??
    Release R16.2 (US Versions, Windows, June 2018)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    As I start to set up accounts, Financial institution does not pre populate like in my original file.
    Not sure what you mean by .... does not pre populate...  WHAT bank ?
    As mentioned above..... once you have your Quicken file open,
    then just walk thru the screens to Add Account -
    ... Tools --> Add Account -->

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mrossano123
    mrossano123 Member
    i must have a slightly older version. new account assistant. you click - This account is held at the following institution. it typically pre populated the institutions. but in this case I have nothing to select from. everything blank and can't add anything. in your screen shot above - you could probably click on checking or credit card and nothing would come up.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Please do HELP, About Quicken (Quicken, About Quicken if running Q Mac) and tell us EXACTLY what Q product and BUILD of that product you're running.
    You're only confusing us, and yourself, with your changing story.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You have Quicken 2007 for Mac. That software is actually 13 years old! The software has long been discontinued and is no longer supported by Quicken. You can use it for manual entry, but it does not work for downloading transactions any longer.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mrossano123
    mrossano123 Member
    Quicken persona finance software 2007. Quick for Mac 16.2.4. build 25.886.110
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Ahhh.... I'm not a Mac user - but searched on the forum for the "numbers" -
    and found this old screen shot -
    Guessing the old Intuit Mac version numbering
    was very similar to recent Windows version numbering.... hence - confusing -
    EDIT - updated topic title to better reflect Q&A - and actual Quicken version

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.