Alight-Citi 401k Connectivity

Has anyone had an issue as of Fri Feb 14 2020 with updating their Citi 401k info? A new (to me) error started popping up indicating the User ID or password is invalid (Download error 15500). Since I can log into the Citi website just fine, I am guessing the issue is at Alight, but there is no way to reset a password for Citigroup on their website, you just get a redirect back to Citi. I also called them directly and the rep also pushed me back to Citi. If anyone has run into the same issue and resolved it, I am requesting some guidance as to how you succeeded. Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kjanik

Thank you for taking the time to visit the community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

Can you confirm which version you are seeing this issue on?

I see that you have Windows and Mac data files and this post is categorized as Windows, however, the 15500 error is a Mac error.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-15500-or-2000-updating-accounts-quicken-mac

If you are having issues on both platforms, what is the error that you are receiving on the Windows version?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jackson
    Jackson Member
    Has this been resolved? I have the exact same problem with Citi and Alight, it began on 2/14/20.
    Please advise. John
  • kjanik
    kjanik Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka: My apologies for the confusion---I am only operating on the Mac platform---MacOS Catalina v 10.15.3.
  • Jackson
    Jackson Member
    Who can I contact regarding Windows 10?
  • kjanik
    kjanik Member ✭✭
    i have not made any changes to my OS since dec 2019, so i am wondering if this issue has nothing to do with the platform, especially since jackson started experiencing the same thing on the same day
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @kjanik

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • kjanik
    kjanik Member ✭✭
    This is the path I explored when I was on the phone with a Quicken rep a week ago. It did not work then, and I just tried it now---no luck. It continues to tell me that Alight Solutions did not accept my ID/password. Do you have a phone number or email at Alight that I can use? Perhaps they need to reset something on their end so it will accept the credentials that Quicken is attempting to pass through to them. Thank you.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given this past week, it's probably better not to be looking at your 401(k) balance. :'(
  • adamsm
    adamsm Member
    Someone, Alight, Citi, or Quicken needs to take ownership of this. As of 1/24, Alight changed there connection to Citi's TotalCompOnline which broke all the current connections. TotalCompuses Citi's Single Sign On (SSO) and uses not only the SSO password, but requires secondary authentication. Unless this is addressed, Quicken will NEVER work again with Alight Solutions.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I do not think that the issue lies with Alight. My employer also uses Alight, but I am not having any issues (other than a declining balance this past week :/ ). I have a feeling that the issue is with Citi's change in how they connect using a SSO. You may wish to call your employee benefits department. Good luck with finding where the issue is.
  • Jackson
    Jackson Member
    I called Citi and they said a reset of the password would fix the connection. They have sent the reset password in snail mail so I won't know if that was the issue until I receive the mail. I told them I was able to access the site on the internet and only had the download failure.
  • kjanik
    kjanik Member ✭✭
    that's great, jackson---please let us know how that goes
  • Jackson
    Jackson Member
    Reset password for Totalcomponline did not work. Still researching with no luck.
  • dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    Good luck getting anything out of the Citi service center. Unless something dramatic has changed since I worked in their organization years ago they will not be able to troubleshoot squat and there would be less than a 5% chance they'll understand what the question is yet alone figure out how who to contact for a solution. Sad but true. I'm seriously thinking of moving my 401K somewhere else since I no longer work there.
  • tejaskr
    tejaskr Member
    Yes, I have had the same problem. This was the login for Citi Alight https://leplb0770.upoint.alight.com/web/citigroup/login till last month.
    Now it routes you to the Total Comp page which requires SSO.
  • Jackson
    Jackson Member
    I agree, that was the site that my password was associated with. I will try Citi again and ask them what site the password reset they sent me was for. It wasn't Totalcomp as the letter stated.
  • tejaskr
    tejaskr Member
    Thanks. Keep us posted.
    Solution might for Mint/Quicken to get access to https://logintotalcomponline.citigroup.com/
  • dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    I suspect Citi broke the connections by implementing dual factor authentication on their site and not properly coordinating it with Alight.
  • Jackson
    Jackson Member
    I have been in contact with Alight Solutions for that past 3 days trying to register on their site. They said Citi is not a client of theirs even though I supplied them with a PDF file with instructions on downloading to Quicken with Alight mentioned more than once. I also included the original page where Alight solution is listed, that had the hyperlink to that PDF.
  • dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    I actually got a call from Alight this morning and they've agreed to send me a new PW and set an appointment next week to touch bases and ensure I get set up. I'll report back but all I can say is this is the best treatment I've received yet on this issue. Citi never called me back when I opened a trouble ticket.
  • tejaskr
    tejaskr Member
    Thanks for the update.
  • Jackson
    Jackson Member
    Alight just informed me that they only handle the medical benefits portal. So why does Quicken send us over to Alight Solutions?
  • tejaskr
    tejaskr Member
    @Jackson This is a joke.
    Hard to see how this gets resolved, since the former page for logging into Citi 401K through Mint (https://leplb0770.upoint.alight.com/web/citigroup/login?forkPage=false#/routing) has been disabled by either Alight or Citi.
    Mint needs to update their login page for Citi 401K. There are separate pages for current (SSO) and former (email) employees.
  • asherfamily1
    asherfamily1 Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with Quicken using windows 10. Ridiculous!
  • asherfamily1
    asherfamily1 Member ✭✭✭
    In additon, I am an ex-Citi employee, which means 1) that I dont log-on through totalcomponline.com, but am directed to another page (see below) but 2) secondary authentication still required.

Page for ex-employees: https://login.microsoftonline.com/te/wtwcbauth.onmicrosoft.com/b2c_1_tco_signin/oauth2/v2.0/authorize?client_id=dfe033bb-cda4-44d4-a569-e91f39d2d48b&redirect_uri=https://totalcomponline.ehr.com/oidcreceive.ashx&response_mode=form_post&response_type=id_token&scope=openid&state=&nonce=637223735748131778.3PL5lZU60Eyk7Oj186w6bw==&prompt=login

I'm sure the problem is at Citi
  • dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    Alright ladies and gents. I have successfully been helped by Alight Solutions to link my Quicken up to download and Update my Citi Group 401K account. I will attempt to capture what I learned: 1. Go through the Connect One service center menus and select the 401K options which should actually put you in touch with Alight Sol's. 2. Request a new PW be set for your account. 3. It took >1 week to receive the PW in an envelope which looks like it came from Citi directly. 4. Log in to Your Benefits Online portal like you normally would to see the account. 5. One the blue bar which says Your Benefits Resources, click you profile on the far right and select Logon Information to set your new PW online using the temp PW they sent you as the Old PW (Not the one you actually logged in with). (continued)
  • dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    (cont) - enter your new PW that you'll be using going forward. Once it says you've changed your PW successfully, 6. Go into Quicken and select your 401K acct. Click the tool icon in the top right, click the Online Services Tab and it should prompt you for your login credentials with the userid-01488 and new PW. The company to ask for is Alight Solutions if it prompts (it may be listed underneath the prompt).

You should be all set. I had already disconnected my Online Services link so I had to re-establish the connection and I was so surprised when it worked.

For those who have run into difficulty with the service center not recognizing Citi, or Citi Bank.... look for Citi Group.

There it is FWIW, YMMV but I just thought I'd share. It can be done and I found their agent very helpful.
  • dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    Correction in step 6 above (this quicken forum didn't allow me to edit it, sorry) - After going into the Online Services you need to click the Connect option.
  • dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    > @Jackson said:
    > I have been in contact with Alight Solutions for that past 3 days trying to register on their site. They said Citi is not a client of theirs even though I supplied them with a PDF file with instructions on downloading to Quicken with Alight mentioned more than once. I also included the original page where Alight solution is listed, that had the hyperlink to that PDF.

They might recognize it if you told them you were with Citi Group.
  • dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    For the record, the Alight Solutions contact did tell me that they had made some changes to their end a few months ago and broken the linkage to Citi. They also said that all of their people should be able to walk you through the setting of the PW online but the step we all probably missed is that you need to set the PW for online accounts from within the TotalCompOnline portal under the My Profile option. I believe that this is missed in the instruction sheet they provide.
This discussion has been closed.