Schwab bank interest is incorrectly imported as "CREDIT" when it should be "INT"

SEE ATTACHED PDF (below), it has a full document with imbedded images.
This problem has been reported before with some confusion as to who (Quicken or Schwab) should fix it. It’s still broken and needs to be fixed.
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849335/schwab-brokerage-not-reporting-interest-correctly

Schwab bank interest is incorrectly imported as "CREDIT" when it should be "INT". Transaction below for $0.04 shows on bank statement as “Bank Interest” but is incorrectly imported as a “CREDIT”.

See the action of “CREDIT” in the Quicken transaction inspector:

Here’s the transaction in the OXF import file the “CREDIT” should be “INV” according to OFX specifications.
https://www.ofx.net/downloads/OFX 2.2.pdf

Versions:
-Mac Quicken for home & Business 2020 Version 5.15.1 (Build 515.32947.100)
-macOS 10.15.3

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @CraigC2019

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I am sorry to hear that this trouble continues to persist.

If this account were to be connected using Express Web Connect, this issue would be able to be escalated by Quicken Care.

As Schwab and all brokerages use Direct Connect to download into Quicken-Quicken does not have the access to the bank's servers necessary to determine why certain transactions are not presented or presented incorrectly in the OFX data transmission created & distributed by the bank (or their service provider). Only the FI can create any escalation to their OFX team required to resolve missing or incorrect data.

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • CraigC2019
    CraigC2019 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka Can you get your hands on the a phone number or email address of the Schwab OFX team? I spent about 2 hours searching for it yesterday and was unable to find anything. Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @CraigC2019

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you were unable to locate the necessary contact information for Schwab.

I would start by contacting the phone number listed in Quicken for Schwab.

I would then continue to ask for a supervisor or higher support until you get to someone that can assist and escalate the issue.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.