Quicken says I have a payment to send.... but there are none

I have searched the forum and already tried the suggestions. Yes, I already validated my file....

I'm using Quicken Premier 2020 with Version R25.18

A couple of weeks ago, one of my accounts says it has 1 Online Payment to Send. There are no payments needing to be sent.

I have checked the register for payments in Send status and there are none.

If I go to the Bills and Income tab, it says there is 1 payment ready to be sent. If I click Send Now, it updates, but the message remains.

In Tools - Online Center, the account shows two payments in the list. Each has a check number ans shows a scheduled delivery date.

I saw a discussion with a similar issue, but no resolution....

Comments

• How can I reset this?
  • Next to my Wells Fargo account, it shows i have an online payment to send when there is not one. Can this be fixed?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Hello @jacklevis & @Blair Massey,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

If you have not already done so, I suggest reviewing the information and following the steps available here and here to cancel Pending Online Payments.

Please let us know if this helps to resolve this matter for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• jacklevis
    jacklevis Member ✭✭
    Hello,

Yes, I am still having this problem.

I already searched the forum and found at least one other person with the same issue and no resolution.

As mentioned in my post, I'm using Quicken Premier 2020 with Version R25.18

Please note... My issue is NOT that a payment won't send. My issue is that Quicken says I have a payment to send and ALL are in sent status.

I can see nowhere in Quicken where I can see what payment it thinks is not sent.

Also, I already ran the validation of the file without impact.

Jack
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Hello @jacklevis,

Thank you for providing these additional details.

If you have not already done so, I suggest performing a Super Validation. To Super Validate your file, first hold down the CTRL+SHIFT keys, and then choose File>File Operations>Validate and Repair. Select the box to "Super validate file" and then click "OK".

Once that is complete, please navigate to the "Bills & Income" tab, then the "Bills" tab, and then click the gear icon in the top right and select "Validate Online billers". 

I would then recommend that you go to Edit>Preferences, select "Mobile ID, Sync & Alerts" and then Sign in as a different user". When prompted, type "yes" and then click "Sign Out".

You'll then sign back in with your Quicken ID and password and repeat the steps that resulted in the "1 Online Payment to Send" message.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• jacklevis
    jacklevis Member ✭✭
    Natalie,

I was finally at a place where I could do this.

I followed the instructions with no improvement.

Super Validate found a transaction from 2018 that was corrupted. It suggested I delete it. I didn’t do so yet. It was from a different account than the one which says I have payments to send.

Also, it the validation of the online billers wiped out most of the links I had to reminders. I need to redo that now.

As before… On the bills and Income tab, it says I have one payment ready to be sent. When I push send now,
    There is nothing to be sent.

Jack
  • DMAC75
    DMAC75 Member
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Hello @jacklevis,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back with the results, although I apologize that they did not resolve this issue for you.

You may consider restoring from a backup file created before this issue began to occur. You can then determine if the issue persists when going back to that prior point.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

If the issue continues, I suggest contacting Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have and can best work with you towards a resolution.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• nwjoyner
    nwjoyner Member
    Since I renewed to the subscription method, I am having the same problem.
    Thanks,
    Norman
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @nwjoyner

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacklevis
    jacklevis Member ✭✭
    I'm interested in what you find out....

I have had this problem multiple times and support has NEVER been able to help.

The only good thing I can tell you is that for some reason, the problem goes away. It seems to be related to a payment that was sent which needs to pass its status date.

This is a frustrating issue....

Good luck
  • Fishman
    Fishman Member
    I now have the same problem. Will wait for payment date of all current transactions to pass and see what happens.
  • jacklevis
    jacklevis Member ✭✭
    I have had this problem many times. At some point after the transaction date the problem goes away for me.

Quicken has been ZERO help. One time I tried using their support to fix it and they made it much, much worse.

After the chat session I had a non-working quicken and the support person basically said "oh well".

I'm pretty sure this will correct itself.
  • Old_Paint
    Old_Paint Member ✭✭
    What I found out on this issue today (because this is the umpteenth time this error has bitten me on the butt):

Apparently my bank decided I didn't have enough time to pay one of the bills I was sending, regardless of Quicken's opinion. It sent all other bills (despite claiming it did not), but did not change the flags on them to Sent, but DID reset the Send flag so that when I clicked the Send button under reminders, I got a blank list of what to send. I corrected the errant date (to one day later) on the one rejected bill (which had PLENTY time for payment according to Quicken) so that it appeased both Quicken and my bank. Both say 4 days for payment, but I'm finding that you might want to allow 7, not including weekends and holidays. Holidays always seem to cause this problem when I'm close on payments and try to use the 4 day limit and allow an extra couple days for processing the payment. Next week is Labor Day, isn't it? Guess what happened to a payment scheduled for next Thursday

I went online with my bank, and found that sure enough, all the payments had posted, except for the ONE payment. Ok, so I resend the bad payment, and every one of the other payments switched back to pay on next connection. No, we don't want to do that, and besides, the bank will quickly reject duplicate payments from Quicken (thank goodness). Not sure how it knows it's a duplicate other than matching dates and amounts, but I do know that my bank will not allow two separate payments to the same payee/account on the same day. This keeps Quicken from being completely stupid when this error occurs. It used to just simply keep sending the payment every time, regardless of whether it could be paid on time or not, and the bank would adjust the date when received. Not so any more.

So, to correct this, I changed the "Send" command in the Check Number column to "Sent" , and VOILA!, my bogus Send Payments reminder went away. I didn't get the little closed envelope status icon on all of them, but on some, yes. Not sure why Quicken would distinguish on this or how it decided.

This quirk seems to have something to do with a bank rejecting a payment based on date that Quicken thinks has plenty of time to post. It was no small adventure figuring this out. IIRC, there used to be an option that would allow checking status of all online payments, whether sent or not, and the actual status at the bank would be reported. I can recall correcting payment dates this way, long ago, before the diagnostics messages from the bank's software were sufficient enough to help figure out the problem, and before Quicken would adjust dates to avoid weekends and holidays. But now, the only items that can be status checked are the ones Quicken marks as sent AND changes the status icon on. This could easily adapted to be a way to remedy this error. Suppose all payments that are uncleared (no downloaded statement data) could be verified as ready to sent, sent, and actual status at the bank if sent? ANYTHING that looks like it should be an online payment SHOULD be able to have it's status checked, and let the bank software report back if it's a non-existent payment or if it has actually posted. This would allow the user to verify payments and avoid duplicates when errors such as this occur. The only payments at present that I can seem to check status on are the ones that I know were sent and indicated by both the status icon and the word "Sent" in the Check Number column, and those that have actually been paid and show as "Cleared". If they're cleared, then I'm not quite sure what the benefit is on checking status, because the loop is fully closed by having sent the instruction to pay, getting a Sent status, and then getting the payment data back from the bank.

"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature" -- Software Engineer
  • jmadura2
    jmadura2 Member ✭✭
    Same concern here - one bill to be sent but no bills show. Tech support cannot find concern after repeated tries. I manually reconciled the account in question and it is fine. All the steps listed here and the ones tech tried did nothing. I do not have a backup without this concern. HELP!
  • jacklevis
    jacklevis Member ✭✭
    So....

This happens to me every so often....

I have a payment that quicken says needs to be sent. When I look at payments, there is nothing that needs to be sent. This will continue until after the delivery date on the payment, then it goes away.

Warning....

I contacted Quicken support on this. They tried the all the basic methods for repairs (which I already tried).

After hours of trying, they ended up making things worse and I had to reinstall quicken.

The good news is this is just an annoyance as the payment will actually be paid.

I have found Quicken support to be very poor and I would rather Quicken fixed this and the many other software bugs than add any new features.
This discussion has been closed.