Deleting a cloud account

Options
Question is what happens to the Quicken data file on your computer when you delete the Quicken cloud account associated with the file? Not sure what goes on with after you delete the cloud account due to the statement below when you go to the Preferences and select Cloud Accounts

Windows 10 Quicken R24.14

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Options

dnelson 

Hello, thank you for bringing this up. I can see the concern and am sure that you are not the only to have come across this and wondered the same thing! This statement is exclusive to using the mobile app. Deleting a data file from the cloud does not alter or change anything on the data file itself. The statement “if you attempt to use a file associated with this account” refers to using the mobile app. As the mobile app pulls the data file from the cloud, but that data file has been deleted from the cloud, there will not be any information available and the services would need to be reconnected.

Please let us know if there are any other concerns!

-           Quicken Diana

• dnelson
    dnelson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The next question: since Quicken automatically creates a Cloud account for each Quicken Data account associated with the Quicken ID how do these accounts interact with One Step Update? I do not use the mobile Quicken or the remote desktop. I had 3 Quicken cloud accounts associated with my Quicken ID and I deleted 2 that seems to have resolved a problem that I had been having, Quicken crashed when you: did a One Step Update and you tried to do a backup or you tried to close quicken by clicking the red X. Since deleting the cloud accounts this has seemed to stop.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @dnelson

Thank you for the response and the question.

The Quicken Cloud also facilitates the use of Online Services such as eBillers/Online Billers, Investment Quote Updates, Credit Score Updates and more.

To learn more about the Quicken Cloud, please take a moment to review the information available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.