Quicken Bill Manager allow paying with Check Pay

Options
setting up a Manual Bill - my version of Quicken [2018] does not provide the option of checking the [] Allow paying with Check Pay

do I need to get a later version
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Darwin Voltin

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

The first step requires that an online biller be added to Quicken. The online bill doesn't necessarily have to be paid using the bill manager. However, an online bill will need to be connected to start the account verification process to use Check Pay.

At this time, there is no workaround to bypass the first step of adding an online biller.

To learn more about setting up the Quicken Bill Manager, please see the information available here.

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Darwin Voltin,

Can you tell us which version of Quicken you are current using, including the build?  To find this info - select "Help" > "About Quicken".

Thanks.
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Darwin Voltin

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

The first step requires that an online biller be added to Quicken. The online bill doesn't necessarily have to be paid using the bill manager. However, an online bill will need to be connected to start the account verification process to use Check Pay.

At this time, there is no workaround to bypass the first step of adding an online biller.

To learn more about setting up the Quicken Bill Manager, please see the information available here.

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Darwin Voltin
    Darwin Voltin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have Quicken Home Business Rental Property
    Year 2020 Version R25.18 Build 27.1.25.18 Windows 10 Home

Based on Tyka's comment I need to first set up a online bill before the I can start the checking account verification process to be able to use the Check Pay feature. I do not want to use Bill Manager to make payments
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI @Darwin Voltin,

Yes, I agree that you should follow Q Tyka's instructions, keeping in mind that after you do set up that first online biller, you don't have to actually use the Bill Manager going forward.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.