Problem updating / syncing Quicken Cloud - never finishes - not responding

The One Step Update is appearing to freeze when it hit the Quicken and Quicken Cloud update portion. Task manager shows that Quicken is consuming 20% of the CPU and the memory use is generally increasing. I let it run for over 3 hours with no resolution. I have a fast internet connection (>300MB/S) After looking for a solution online, I attempted to "Reset your cloud data" (under Edit: Preferences: Quicken ID, Mobile and Alerts). It too appears to freeze. I see a small window labelled Quicken (Not Responding) with a green progress bar below with the progress being shown as a solid total green bar. Again, I can see in Windows Task Manager that Quicken is consuming about 14% CPU and the memory use is increasing with the total at 490 MB after about 30 minutes of run time. From what I have read this has been a problem for some time and Quicken can't seem to figure out how to fix it??? Does anyone have a solution?

Comments

• Dale Hayes
    Dale Hayes Member ✭✭
    I talked to Quicken tech support and could not solve the problem. We decided to reduce the file size by doing a "Year End Copy" on the file, keeping the last 5 years of data. This was unsuccessful also. I have tried multiple times, resetting the cloud data and copying and validating the file with no success.
    Does anyone else have the problem with Cloud Sync?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dale Hayes

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response and support has been unable to assist thus far.

If you haven't done so already, please try saving a backup and the immediately restoring the same backup.

This is located under  File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File...

When the backup file has been restored, this will create a new cloud account. If you are prompted on whether or not to use mobile, please choose "Yes".

After completing this step, please see if this trouble persists.

Let me know how it goes!
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dale Hayes
    Dale Hayes Member ✭✭
    Ok, I will try that. So far, I have been able to get some accounts to do a cloud sync, but others cause the freezing problem when I add them to the list of accounts to Cloud Sync.
    Will add a reply after I try the backup and restore.