Category "Dining: Dining"

Whenever I try to categorize an entry as "Food & Dining: Dining" Quicken defaults to suggesting "Dining; Dining" as the proper category. Since I don't have that category set up (nor do I want it), I have to manually select the category I want. Does anyone know why this non-existent category keep getting suggested? This has been bothering me for years, but I'm finally getting around to asking.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review the built-in help documentation on the subject: press F1

• carlyn.irwin
    carlyn.irwin Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much! That worked!!!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I maintain 2 top-level categories: "Groceries" and "Dining". That's because I consider Groceries mandatory spending and Dining discretionary spending, and I like to keep those separate.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use top level cats "Groceries" and "Restaurant" (which included fast food and food trucks).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    That's why I call mine "Dining". I don't eat fast food or truck food. Blech. :s

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have some EXCELLENT food trucks in town.  And, BTW, I'm also an officer of a 750 year-old food and wine society.  I don't disparage based upon source.
    Fast Food is, primarily, Big Mac & Fried for the 3yo grandson.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I would give Grandson his own Category.
    Anyway, you've known my squirelly persona long enough to know that I was joking in my previous post. ;)