Need to convert windows cloud data file to a Mac data file

Options
wolf47
wolf47 Member
My windows computer hard drive has failed. No access to data file. I backed up data file about a week ago to cloud. Using windows 2017
Need to convert download file so I can load onto mac

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Which cloud did you backup you filr to? If it's the Quicken Cloud, you're out of luck.

Also, the Quicken Cloud is not a backup; you can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop and mobile Quicken products.  If you're looking for a cloud backup service for Quicken, please see this information about Dropbox and Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• wolf47
    wolf47 Member
    Options
    To be clear I need to download cloud file and convert to a Mac
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Which cloud did you backup you filr to? If it's the Quicken Cloud, you're out of luck.

Also, the Quicken Cloud is not a backup; you can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop and mobile Quicken products.  If you're looking for a cloud backup service for Quicken, please see this information about Dropbox and Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • wolf47
    wolf47 Member
    Options
    I thought the cloud was a backup no other data backup other than what was on computer. I guess I’m going to have to try and recover data from the hardrive
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    There are multiple flavors of "cloud". If you used Quicken's syncing, then as others have said, you're out of luck because that is not a backup. If you had Quicken create  a backup file on a cloud service such as Dropbox, then your task is actually relatively easy. I f the latter, post back, and we can direct you how to proceed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.