Quicken for MAC direct connect has quit working

Quicken for MAC direct connect has quit working for Vanguard, PNC bank, and First Horizon Bsnk. It has worked for years with these institutions. I get a message: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. I tried disabling transactions and re-enabling it with First Horizon and now I cannot even establish download with it.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter Marino

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Quicken Community to post your issue.

Most server issues are resolved within 24 hours. If you suspect that an issue with the server at your financial institution is preventing Quicken from connecting to the internet, wait until the next day and try to connect again.

If you continue to experience these issues after waiting 24 hours, I would review the steps available here.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Peter Marino
    Peter Marino Member ✭✭
    This problem has been going on for three days now and is with multiple institutions, so I suspect a problem with Quicken. What can be done to fix this.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter Marino

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

If the error has persisted and you have tried refreshing branding and profile settings outlined in the above link (here) the next step is contact support for a review of the log files to determine the cause of the error.

*Please note, support hours have temporarily changed*

Quicken Phone and Chat Support will be available from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday (PDT).

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Peter Marino
    Peter Marino Member ✭✭
    I have the MAC latest version of Quicken. The link to refresh settings is for the Windows version. Is there a way to accomplish the same thing in the MAC version?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter Marino

Thank you for the response, I apologize for the confusion!

To do this on the Mac platform:

Click on Accounts at the top of your screen, then select New, and choose the account type (or one of the account types) you want to add (for example Checking, Savings, Credit Card).

Click on My bank is not on the list at the bottom left corner.

Click the Update List button to start the refresh process then click Show List when the update is complete.

I would then close this Window without adding an account.

I would also follow this step by resetting the cloud.

This can be found under Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > Reset

Once this has been completed, I would attempt to update once more and see if you get the same error.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Peter Marino
    Peter Marino Member ✭✭
    I was able to get them all to work doing that. Strange, but I have to have my VPN turned off to make it work. It's worked fine with my VPN on for at least a year...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to get them all to work doing that. Strange, but I have to have my VPN turned off to make it work. It's worked fine with my VPN on for at least a year...

Since, as you stated, it suddenly changed ... what changed in your VPN setup? I'd take a closer look in that direction ...
This discussion has been closed.