Register is adding cash and security values together and showing as security value

Quicken is adding the actual cash value to the actual security value and then showing this inflated amount as the security value. So the market value (security + cash) is actually showing the cash value twice. Is it possible to fix this in quicken?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is your investment company? 
    I'm guessing they put your cash into a money market fund instead of into a cash sweep account.  One way to confirm this:
    1. Click on the blue underlined "Cash Balance" in the lower right corner of your register.  Are what is shown in Quicken and what has been downloaded into Quicken in agreement with each other?
    2. Click on the gear icon in the top right of your register and then click on "Reconcile Shares".  Does the popup say that Quicken account and your brokerage holdings are in agreement?  If not, what does it say?
    Let me know what you see and, if I'm correct in my assumption, I'll let you know what your options are.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is likely the same problem that surfaced a couple of months ago - see this thread https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7866469/why-does-quicken-still-double-count-cash-balances/p2

There were some short-term/temporary solutions that some folks put in place to temporarily solve this issue, but I think the best thing for you to do is to contact Quicken support https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Good luck.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• lorihand
    lorihand Member
    To Boatnmaniac.... My investment company is USAA. The cash amount agrees with the online balance however, I can't find the gear icon you spoke of. The only thing that is in the upper right hand corner of my screen in the USAA register is the eye glass for "find". I'm using Windows 10 by the way.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gear icon is above the eye glass for find.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)