Quicken is not working,

I'm getting frequent non response messages. the window appears and disappears on my screen, even if I'm trying to work in a different application, it is not responding to clicks and I have to use task manager to shut it down. I have not used the software in about a week, but everything was fine before (it did update when I started), nothing I know of has changed on my computer (windows 10). What do I do?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    What are you doing when you get those messages?  What's the exact wording of those messages.
    Also, what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  Also, if it's there, what's your "Valid Thru" date?

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • H0YT22
    H0YT22 Member
    I am receiving a Windows message saying Quicken for Windows is not responding. In task manager it also says the app is not responding. It seemed to start when I changed the view to a different account. I tried to open the app to answer your question and it crashed the first time. The second time it worked for awhile, then changing the account again created the problem and I had to open task manager to close the app.
    Year 2020 Version R25.21 Build 27.1.25.21 Valid thru Jan. 4 2022
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • H0YT22
    H0YT22 Member
    It's in a OneDrive folder: C:\Users\xxxx\OneDrive\Documents\Quicken
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you move your Quicken data to C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Quicken. Active Quicken data files should not be stored in an OneDrive folder,

Services such as OneDrive or Google Drive can be used as a location to store backups of your Quicken data files.  We don't recommend storing your active data files, or installing Quicken, on these drives.  If you restore a backup that is located in your cloud drive, make certain the restored file is saved locally on your hard drive before using the file.

Can I share my Quicken file between multiple computers using Dropbox?

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10