Capital One Multiple Cards

Options
I have a Capital One CC account with 2 different cards (and numbers) associated with it. In the past, I downloaded directly from Capital One and imported the transactions into Quicken - then the memo field showed which card the transaction was associated with. Now using Quicken Connect, the downloads are fine, but the memo field is blank. Can I obtain this information with Quicken Connect or do I have to go back to downloading and importing?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Joe Ciccio

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, try going to" Columns" in the bottom right-hand corner and adding the "Statement Memo" column.

If the memo doesn't appear in this column, unfortunately, there are no additional settings that can be changed to include more information in the download.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Or simply click on one or the downloaded transactions where you'd expect to see a memo and select View > Show Inspector, and you can see the "From your financial institution" fields -- which are exactly what Quicken is receiving in the download. If the Statement Memo field is blank, that's telling you that the issue is likely from Capital One not transmitting and data in the memo field. (I know you said it worked correctly in the past, but financial institutions make all sorts of tweaks over time, sometimes with adverse consequences.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Joe Ciccio
    Joe Ciccio Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you both - appears that Capital One does not transmit memo data if you directly download through Quicken. It may appear on a QFX import. My previous imports were into Quicken 2007 Mac using QIF and the specific CC used was included in the Memo field. I am new to Quicken Premier, but have been using Quicken Mac versions since prior to 1989. Happy to report that the import of 31 years of data from QM 2007 to QM 2020 went pretty flawlessly.
This discussion has been closed.