Checks & ATM not posting in register? Why?

nbates
nbates Member ✭✭
Even though OFXLog shows all transactions including checks & ATM 2020 Quicken does not populate CHECKS or ATM transactions to the register. Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Hello @nbates,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with missing transactions in Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used.

You can find this information by going to Accounts>Settings, with the account highlighted on the left. 

Please also take a look at the information available here for more steps regarding missing transactions in Quicken.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

(edited to include Mac info)

• nbates
    nbates Member ✭✭
    I am using Version 5.15.2 (Build 515.33015.100). Direct connect Wells Fargo Bank. I double checked the OFXLog and the transaction FITID's and everyone is accounted for. The ATM and CHECK items still don't post to any register with or without filters and with any sort order. This started when I upgraded from Quicken 2017 to the current version.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    edited March 2020
    Hello @nbates,

Thank you for providing additional information.

I suggest deactivating and then reactivating the account(s), noting that you will need to also need to use Wells Fargo's "fms setup" process to re-establish the link to Direct Connect.

The site is available here and allows you a period of time to connect your account(s) in Quicken: wellsfargo.com/fmssetup

In Quicken, you will want to be sure that you select Options, once you have "Wells Fargo Bank" selected from the bank list, and then switching to Direct Connect before continuing.

Please let us know if this helps to resolve this matter for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• nbates
    nbates Member ✭✭
    Thanks Natalie, I've tried deactivating, reactivating. The issue persists. All the data IS downloading correctly when viewed in the OFXLog, but the data seems to be ignored by Quicken.
    Would it be safe/helpful to delete the OFXLog and try downloading again. I can remove duplicates if it solves the problem?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Hello @nbates,

Thank you for following up!

I suggest next attempting to add the account(s) to a new "test" data file. This will help you determine how the transactions download in a separate file, which will help us to identify the cause.

You can do this by going to File>New, select "Start from Scratch" and then proceeding through the setup process until you see the "Add Checking Account" window. 

Go ahead and add the Wells Fargo account(s) here, making sure to follow the instructions I provided above to use Direct Connect.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Natalie

• nbates
    nbates Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie, Starting from scratch and direct downloading did result in all transactions posting to the new files register including ATM and CHECKS. What will be the next step.
    Thanks.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    edited March 2020
    Hello @nbates,

Thank you for completing those steps and posting back with the results!

Before considering moving your data to a new file, I recommend first attempting to add the Wells Fargo account(s) as "new" account(s) to your existing data file.

Please navigate to File>Open Recent and reopen your working file. You will then want to deactivate all accounts associated with Wells Fargo.

Next, attempt to add the account(s) as new accounts, instead of linking to your existing accounts. Please also be sure to once again follow the "fms setup" process to continue using Direct Connect.

Once the new account(s) are added and finished updating, please let us know if all transactions download successfully to the new location, or if the problem persists.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• nbates
    nbates Member ✭✭
    Following the instructions above, deactivating all Wells F accounts and then adding a new direct connect Wells F account to the existing data file resulted in no transaction posting to the new register.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Hello @nbates,

Thank you for attempting these steps, although I apologize that they did not resolve the issue.

You may consider linking and/or adding the account(s) using Quicken Connect instead of Direct Connect. This may allow the transactions to download into your working data file, but may also require some clean-up if you receive any duplicate transactions.

If this works and you end up adding the account(s) as "new", you can merge the new account(s) with the original account(s) by dragging and dropping the transactions from one account to the other. You may need to take this step to get everything into one place.

The other option would be to export your file using QXF, and then importing that data into a brand new file. This may shake whatever is occurring, but may also leave you with the process of reestablishing a connection for all of your Online accounts tracked in Quicken, as well as leave behind any custom saved reports, etc. Investment accounts also tend to contain discrepancies when imported into a new file.

You may also consider contacting Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, including the ability to screen share with you, and can work with you towards the best resolution.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.