why won't quicken Business, Rental, Home 2020 download or update bank info

Hi, I just purchased Quicken H,B,R Propery. I unistalled my ols version of Quicken 2017. I did a clean install of my new Quicken Home, Business, Rental Prop. with no issues. My concern is, I was able to download and make initial connection and transaction update with only one financial institution. Now Quicken will not connect to any other institution or update transactions. I never had any issues with Quicken 2017. Quicken error messages: "it's not your fault" and OL-297-A. My internet and wifi are strong and good. I am having no other internet issues with my PC. I am running Windows 10 Home. 64 bit. OS Build 18362.720. Version 1903. I tried turning firewall off but did not resolve. Please help me with this issue. Thank You.

Best Answer

• Scott5
    Scott5 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    FYI,  to help you in the future. My issue has been resolved. Don't know why, but every initial new quicken download file is corrupt.  Had to create a new quicken file via files and everything is working. I deleted the original file. No clue why this is.  Thanks again for the help.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with the data file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with your Quicken ID
  • Scott5
    Scott5 Member ✭✭✭
    I just followed the steps outlined. No fix. Still having the same issues with both adding and updating accounts. I verified my login credentials both with Quicken and Banks. Thx for the help through. Don't understand it.
  • Scott5
    Scott5 Member ✭✭✭
    FYI. I also deactivated web connect in all my accounts before uninstalling Q2017. I didn't want that to be an issue when setting up my Q2020.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Scott said:
    FYI. I also deactivated web connect in all my accounts before uninstalling Q2017. I didn't want that to be an issue when setting up my Q2020.
    I suggest you restore a backup of a data file you saved before you deactivated the Online Services of all your accounts.  
  • Scott5
    Scott5 Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I thought of that but I want to do a total revamp of my Quicken with accounting and set up improvements for my book keeping.   I my have to try that.  Thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Scott said:
    Yeah. I thought of that but I want to do a total revamp of my Quicken with accounting and set up improvements for my book keeping.   I my have to try that.  Thanks.
    If you want to do a total revamp, select File > New Quicken File...
  • Scott5
    Scott5 Member ✭✭✭
    Tried validating via files.  No errors but no fix.
    I think it has something to do with my old quicken still linked to my banks.  I may have to restore. Thx for the help.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Scott5
    Scott5 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    FYI,  to help you in the future. My issue has been resolved. Don't know why, but every initial new quicken download file is corrupt.  Had to create a new quicken file via files and everything is working. I deleted the original file. No clue why this is.  Thanks again for the help.
This discussion has been closed.