Went to look at my budget this morning and it's not there

I've always had a budget and it's one of the primary reasons I use Quicken so I'm hoping that there is a quick fix to the problem where Quicken Deluxe 2020 R25.18 issues the No budget message and asks me to start a budget problem.

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am running the same release as you, and I have not  lost my budget.

I suggest you first try validating your file via File, File operations, validate and repair.  If that doesn't work then try restoring a backup.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Joseph Hanna
    Joseph Hanna Member ✭✭✭✭
    This has been an ongoing issue for a long time.  You must backup often, as in everyday. When the budget disappears, and this will happen again and often, you need to restore from the latest backup.  Sometimes you need to restore more than once, I've needed to restore up to four times occasionally, to get the budget back.
    Validating the file has never brought back the budget, and I've lost my budget too many times to remember, I just accept it as something that is inevitable and will occur no less than once a month.
    Backup often.
  • aa_jogger
    aa_jogger Member ✭✭
    Thanks. That's how I "fixed" the problem
  • JasonHand
    JasonHand Member
    I have had the same issue off and on for years. It happened every 6 months or so before. It has now happened three times this month. Thought it was when an update to the software happened but now is just random. Running the subscription Windows version. Very frustrating. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!
This discussion has been closed.