Scan receipts to PDF (not JPG)

Options
I can attach receipts to my transactions, however, it's defaulting to JPG when it used to default to PDF. I've looked everywhere in set-ups and no luck in determining where this default is coming from.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That sounds llike a scanner issue ... rather than a Q issue.  Your scanner is producing PDF's, as I understand your post.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• LarBear360
    LarBear360 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure what's changed. I could add a receipt and it would scan and attach a PDF. Now it will only scan to a jpg. The dialouge box has also changed. Not sure if that's Quicken or something within Windows. It's a new installation of Windows 10 and all of the software and drivers for the scanner are up to date.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised you could ever scan to PDF from within Quicken. I never could in any version of Quicken or any version of Windows. I believe Quicken is asking the scanner for a JPEG and that's what it gets. For a PDF, I have always had to scan outside of Quicken using my HP Officejet scan software, save to a .PDF file, and attach the file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• LarBear360
    LarBear360 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think that's it. I used to scan a lot outside of Quicken and then attach. If I go back and look at attachments I know were NOT outside of Quicken, they ate jpeg files. Never noticed this till now. Case closed. Thank you.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised you could ever scan to PDF from within Quicken. I never could in any version of Quicken or any version of Windows. I believe Quicken is asking the scanner for a JPEG and that's what it gets. For a PDF, I have always had to scan outside of Quicken using my HP Officejet scan software, save to a .PDF file, and attach the file.

As I said, "a scanner issue, not a Q issue"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    As I said, "a scanner issue, not a Q issue"
    I disagree. My scan software can output bmp, jpeg, png, tiff, and pdf . When Quicken invokes a scan, it only allows jpeg. If I try to scan 2 or more pages into Quicken, it hangs attempting to add a second page to a jpeg.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• salmig
    salmig Member ✭✭
    Options
    The hanging up when trying to scan more than one page. I finally cracked how to prevent. You would think after scanning first page, you would click on the little box with + sign on lower left, which explains this will add multiple scans. Every time I did this, it would hang and hang. To avoid this, click Done box (the one between Back and Cancel) NOT that + box, then Add box on lower left, repeat until all your pages have been scanned. When completely finished, then click the Done box (the one between Back and Cancel) one last time and Done box on right lower corner and not the Add box.
This discussion has been closed.