Transaction won’t print on Report (Q Mac)

Options
Jan Winstead
Jan Winstead Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Reports (Mac)
Choosing Category Summary under Reports. I Clicked Customize. Choosing last year for date. Under accounts: clicked Include only Transactions from selected accounts: choosing 3 accounts. Under Categories: clicked include only transactions with selected categories, checking 1 category. Under Tags: clicked include transactions with any or no tag. Under Payees; clicked include only transactions with selected payees; then also choose Select All; clicked: include hidden payees; & saved custom report with a name. Click Ok. It shows a report with the name given but nothing is on it! Yet I can see that I have a transaction posted in one of the accounts chosen, with the category chosen, posted 11/5/19 which is last year, the payee is a payee listed in black with a check mark and should be posting to report. Help.
Tagged:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The solution is not to use the Category Summary report. It is being deprecated and is known to miss transactions.

Instead use Create Transaction Report. You will find it to be more accurate, and more flexible to boot.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jan Winstead
    Jan Winstead Member ✭✭
    Options
    It still doesn’t pull my transaction! So just for the heck, I loaded a fake transaction for last year. Making it identical to the other one except it hasn’t cleared. The report will list my fake transaction. But not the real transaction.
  • RickO
    Options
    This sounds like something you'll need to contact support about, so they can screen share to see what's going on. Could be database corruption, I suppose. If it's just that one transaction, how about just replacing the real one with the duplicate (fake) one.
  • Jan Winstead
    Jan Winstead Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I deleted that transaction and reloaded it, marking it as cleared and printed a report. It showed up, on both the Category Summary report AND the report I got using Create Transaction Report. I DO like the Create Transaction Report because I can add columns, that the Category Summary report didn’t have like check #. But I have to adjust the width of those columns every time so everything on one line will print on one page. Unless you know a way around that?
  • RickO
    Options
    If you save the report, it should retain the column widths that you have set
This discussion has been closed.