Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Quicken shows a credit card with multiple users as separate cards and doubles the entries

Have a credit card with multiple users, Quicken Lists them as separate cards, and shows one with a zero balance, but, imports some data from both creating double entries. It does not simply mirror them and make a pure duplicate or i would just delete one or the other. Instead it picks and chooses to cross mingle the charges. If i go though and reconcile each double charge (besides from taking a ton of time) it then changes the balance… any suggestions? Thanks!

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ewshoe,

Can you tell us the name of the financial institution?  Also, when you say multiple users - is that 2 or more than 2?  And lastly, is it possible to determine which one of the users are the "primary" user?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • YggdrasilYggdrasil Member
    I have the same issue. Four users, each with their own card number that all relate to one family credit card. How can all be downloaded into one Quicken account?
    Thanks!
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Yggdrasil,

My experience has been that it is sometimes possible, depending on the card issuer and whether one user is deemed the primary user.  Can you tell me the name of the financial institution?  And whether one of the users are named the "primary" user" by the issuer?

Thanks,

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP