Trouble creating direct connect so I can pay bill

I have migrated all my Quicken accounts from 2007 Mac to 2020 subscription (transaction going back over 20 years). In Q2007 I was able to send payment and transfer instructions to my financial institutions (Wells Fargo Private Banking and Merrill Lynch) by just adding a new transaction to any register and using "send" to direct connect to that bank. The same 2007 dialog is used down load transactions, review and add them to each register.
I already have auto debit setup between some Payees (via payee websites and Wells Fargo).
I have been able to set up Quicken Connect (?) and download transactions that have cleared the banks but not send payments.
How do I do this in 2020. The instructions\help for 2020 are very confusing...some things say go to tools menu but I cannot even find such a thing
I have been able to set up Quicken Connect (?) and download transactions that have cleared the banks but not send payments.
I work on a 27" iMac 2017 with OS X 10.13.6.

Happily Quicken now allows both the 2007 Quicken and the 2020 Quicken to operate simultaneously.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @judyaf

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To send bill payments through Quicken, the connection type will need to be "Direct Connect."

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • judyaf
    judyaf Member ✭✭
    have already tried the steps you suggest to no avail.

I am not able to create Direct Connect to Wells Fargo Private Bank with my new 2020 Quicken Premium software.

This suggests that Wells Fargo does not offer this service, but I have had it for years through my Quicken 2007 for Mac software that still works

How do I establish a Direct Connect relationship with Wells Fargo using Quicken 2020.
  • judyaf
    judyaf Member ✭✭
    Tyka.
    Eureka!! I was able to make Direct Connect to my accounts by using a version of the the bank name for standard accounts. Thanks for your responses. Hope you're are not a scary-good AI. Stay well thru Cover 19 mess. I'm getting caught up on all kinds of computer-based projects.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @judyaf

Thank you for the response! I'm glad to hear that you have been able to set up the account for Direct Connect.

I hope you stay safe as well!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.