Downloaded transaction not appearing as cleared (blue vs. orange)

Options
Hello! Is there a way to manually indicate as cleared? In making some adjustments to transfer transactions, I had to recreate a few in order to have them appear correctly between 2 accounts; as a result, one of them now appears as uncleared even though it is cleared in my bank. The corresponding transfer transaction in the other account that it is connected to does show as clear. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Heidi O.

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

To mark a transaction as cleared, the box in the "CLR" column will need to be checked off. This marks a transaction as cleared.

In regards to the blue dot or pencil, the blue dot means the transactions have been downloaded from the financial institution whereas the pencil means that the transaction has been entered into the register manual.

You can get a blue pencil by dragging a downloaded transaction on to a manual transaction to match them.

However, a manual transaction cannot be forced to display a blue dot and vice versa.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Heidi O.
    Heidi O. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Tyka, thanks! I can check the box as "Clr" but the pencil is still Orange. Any way to change an Orange pencil to a Blue pencil?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forgive me if this is way off base since I only have the Windows version to go on, but it seems to me that your end goal shouldn't be to get a blue pencil, but instead that the transactions is reconciled and the status column is cleared (as in no icon in the status column).

One could choose to not download transactions and as they would never see the blue pencil. Instead they would reconcile and go to the reconcile state.

The same would be true if you have a mix of blue pencil and orange pencil transactions. Once the transactions are reconciled they would be in the reconcile state.

Whats more the blue pencil icons shouldn't be left in that state in the first place. They should be marked reviewed and as such the status column icon will also be empty after that process.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Heidi O.
    Heidi O. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Chris. I don't use the reconcile feature--I manually match to my online balances which works just fine. If there's no way to do so, then it will just stay orange.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When you are satisfied with the transaction and it is cleared, click the pencil (whatever color it is) and then click Reviewed in the popup menu. That will clear the pencil.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.