Quicken doesn't download all securities from brokerage account

will1948
will1948 Member
I have an IRA and a brokerage account with the same brokerage house. The IRA has a number of stocks and several mutual funds along with a money market fund. The brokerage account also has a money market fund. The money market funds in both accounts are used to park dividends and interest paid by the other stocks and funds. The stocks in the brokerage account all download and update just fine. But Quicken doesn't recognize the money market fund and doesn't download it. Same with the IRA account. All the stocks and most of the mutual funds download fine. But the money market fund and two other mutual funds are missed by Quicken. Strangely, the two mutual funds that are missed are part of a fund family and the other four of the funds in that family download with no problem. I thought it might be a problem with the NetXInvestor site used by the broker for online access to the account, but I've connected it to both (Removed) and the synch between those services and the brokerage account is fine. Quicken Support was unable to help and said the problem was on the brokerage end.
Any ideas?
Woody
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @will1948,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with the investment issue you are having in Quicken. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First, could you provide the version/release of Quicken that you have, please? 

• Quicken > About Quicken

I believe that the issue you are experiencing is being caused by placeholders and that in order to resolve your issue—you will need to remove these placeholders from your list of transactions in each account experiencing this issue. You will find these placeholders at the bottom of your list of transactions (aka at the start of the account in Quicken).

The link below is a good resource to use when experiencing placeholders and understanding why this is happening. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/about-placeholder-entries

With your issue, in particular, I recommend opening and reading the section— “Why am I missing transactions?”. 

I hope this information is useful to you.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• will1948
    will1948 Member
    Thank you for your response and guidance, but I don't think the problem is associated with placeholders. The problem is that the security (in this case mutual fund) does not show up in the list of "holdings" downloaded from the broker. I've had other securities with the placeholder issue and I've gone into the transactions and added the missing information. But in none of those cases did the security itself not appear as a holding in the account. I've created a "workaround" by going into the transactions list for the account and manually entering the security as an "add shares" entry. It now appears in the holdings list. I'll have to see over the next few weeks whether it will now download the updated information as the market see-saws up and and down.
    Thanks again for your help. BTW, I just downloaded the latest version of Quicken after I created the workaround, so I don't know whether the problem was associated at all with the earlier version I was using.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @will1948,

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a workaround that works for you. 

Let us know how things go!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.