The specified account number does not correspond to one of the user’s accounts.

I get this error message every time I update all online accounts. I'd like to learn how to figure out which account is triggering it. When I update each account individually I get no error. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Adam
    Adam Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.15.2 (Build 515.33015.100)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Adam

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. If you go across the top to window -> account status do any of the Financial Institutions listed give the error message? Have any of your FI's changed your account numbers in recent memory as well? Check the registers as well to see if there's an account that hasn't received any data for the time period the error has been popping up. Once we're able to find out which FI is causing it we're able to try troubleshooting it. 

Start with saving a backup in quicken. In the top left go to file -> save a backup and choosing where you'd like to save it. Once that's done we should need to deactivate and reactivate the account. If you're still unsure which account it is, deactivate all of the accounts with the FI and reactivate them right after. 

Here are articles in regard on how to deactivate and reactivate the accounts. 

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Adam
    Adam Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the speedy reply, Franciso, but I don't think I made myself clear. If I knew which FI was causing the problem I'd figure out how to fix it. My problem is precisely that I don't know which out of the dozen I have that it is. I see no errors in the Account Status window - it's all green.

It would be really helpful if the error message identified which account it was having a problem with. The software surely knows! Where can I file a feature request for this?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the information. One thing I've thought about checking on potentially is if you have any hidden accounts by chance? If so they could potentially still be connected to quicken which could be causing it to not show up on the account list. 
    How long has this been happening as well? Do any of the accounts seem to have a gap inside of their history? Any information should help us narrow down which account could be creating the issue. 

As far as it goes with requesting a feature you can do so here

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Francisco

• Adam
    Adam Member ✭✭
    I wondered about that. It's possible that I hid an account without disabling its downloads. But I have so many it would be time-consuming to check. I've been using Quicken since 1989!
  • Adam
    Adam Member ✭✭
    I've created a feature request. Please vote for it! It seems as though it will take a few minutes of developer time and could do some good and no harm.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7872722/improve-this-error-message-when-updating-online-accounts/p1
This discussion has been closed.