Trying to change category group

I have some categories that are appearing under "Personal expenses" that should be under "business expenses". When I follow the directions to assign categories to group it only gives me the choice to change it to a custom group, not to switch between existing groups. How can I switch between existing groups?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think there may be something going on under the covers here.
    A "Business Expenses" category, to show up under the Business Expenses Category Group must be assigned to a Schedule C line item and marked as "Tax-related category".
    Try setting up this category to Schedule C and see if, after saving it, it moved to the correct group. If not, try to create a new category (or choose from available Business Expense categories) and then recategorize all transactions.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think there may be something going on under the covers here.
    A "Business Expenses" category, to show up under the Business Expenses Category Group must be assigned to a Schedule C line item and marked as "Tax-related category".
    Try setting up this category to Schedule C and see if, after saving it, it moved to the correct group. If not, try to create a new category (or choose from available Business Expense categories) and then recategorize all transactions.
This discussion has been closed.