Quicken Mobile App - Deleting Old Payees

Is there a way to get rid of old unwanted payees that auto-fill in the Payee field?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @robsquicken

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Currently there is no way to edit the memorized payee list inside of the mobile app. If you would like to get rid of them you can go to the application on your computer and delete them from the memorized payee list.

For windows open up quicken and across the top click on  Tools -> Memorized payee list. Once in the list right click the payee you would like to remove and select delete. Once this is done make sure to update your cloud so that the changes go through.

I would also recommend  looking at our support article Here in for some additional tips and tricks under the delete transactions section to help you keep that memorized payee list clean.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• robsquick
    robsquick Member ✭✭
    Are you sure these payees are suppose to be in the Windows program? I have a lot of old ones built up in mobile app but they are NOT in the Memorized Payee List of the PC program
  • Quicken Francisco
    That is interesting since they normally pull from that list. Have you by chance tried resetting the cloud as well? If not I'll go ahead and list the steps below.

In the top left click on edit -> Preferences. Click on the second to last option that says quicken ID, Sync & Alerts. over to the right you should see a button that says "reset your cloud data" go ahead and follow the prompts and let the cloud reset.

Once that's done try signing out of your mobile app and signing back in. 

Please let me know if that helps resolve the issue.

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
  • robsquick
    robsquick Member ✭✭
    When I get to ID, Sync & Alerts the only buttons available are: Update Your Quicken Profile Information, Sign In as A different User, and Get Started (to update your finances). There is no "Reset Your Cloud Data" there.

I re-checked my Memorized Payee List in Quicken and the payees that are in the Quicken Mobile app are NOT there.
  • robsquick
    robsquick Member ✭✭
    Is it just me or does anyone else have problems finding the 'Reset your cloud data' button? I've looked everywhere for it. I looked in Quicken, Sync, and Alerts - not there. HELP also does not help find this button. (Quicken 2020 on Win 10)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello @robsquick

Sorry for the late response. I do find it interesting you're not able to see the reset your cloud data option. It sounds like your main data file and quicken data file might not be synced together potentially?

The get started button is generally there when you haven't done a mobile sync. Can you go ahead and follow the steps with the button. Once you do can you sign in and out of the mobile app and on the left side i believe you should be able to choose which mobile sync you'd like you see.

That's what I was talking about previously but it's taken up by the get started button. 

I am interested about the other file though but we'll get this one up and running first. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Francisco
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @robsquick

If you haven't already, please review the information and steps available here, which should help to resolve the issues with syncing with the Quicken cloud, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.