Can't get to Tools Menu to deactivate an account

When I click on 'Accounts' in Quicken for Mac 2017, I do not get 'Tools'. I've attached a screen shot of my choices. I need to deactivate a bank account because it is not downloading correctly now that it requires 2FA, and the bank is suggesting deactivation and reactivating in order to solve the problem. Been working on this for several days with Quicken community support (see USAA download problems) and USAA tech support. I cannot change how I connect to the bank for downloading transactions, which used to DL automatically, but no longer do. Anyway, just trying to get to 'Tools', which apparently I don't have. Have deactivated account before, but perhaps that was a previous version.
Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is no "Tools" in Quicken Mac. If you've seen a reference to that somewhere, it's referring to Quicken windows. 

To deactivate an account in Quicken Mac:
    1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom right corner
    3. Click the Troubleshooting button
    4. Click the Deactivate Downloads button
    5. Click Save
    (You can find those instructions on this Quicken support page should you need this information in the future; I found that by Googling "quicken mac how to deactivate an account".)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Bailey
    Bailey Member ✭✭
    That was suggested by bank tech support, but I have no 'Troubleshooting' option. Please see screen shot.
  • Bailey
    Bailey Member ✭✭
    I do have the 'Troubleshooting' option on other accounts, just not this one.
  • jacobs
    You can't deactivate this account because is is not currently set up for downloading, as indicated at the top of the screenshot you provided. 
  • Bailey
    Bailey Member ✭✭
    That makes sense, altho the account had been downloading automatically until the bank set up 2FA.
  • Bailey
    Bailey Member ✭✭
    I can't seem to set up transaction downloads for the account--I get caught in a loop. If I set up a new account in Quicken, will I be able to merge the two once I've set up the transaction downloads for the new account?
  • jacobs
    You can't exactly "merge" accounts. But you can open the old account, select all transactions, and drag to the new account in the left sidebar. Then you can delete the old account, which has no transactions.

Make a backup copy of your data file before doing this, just in case you slip somewhere and make a mess. ;)
This discussion has been closed.