Web Connect not working on Mac, but works on Windows with nationwide.com

I've been downloading 401K transactions for years from Nationwide.com, most recently into Quicken subscription on Windows. I just switched to Mac and Quicken converted the Windows file to Mac and all of the transactions are there. When I try to download the most recent transactions however, I get an error. It says: Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried both double-clicking on the download and manually importing with same result. I've also tried changing the file suffix to other supported file formats but with no luck. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This might not be the answer you wish to hear, but it appears Nationwide.com is not supporting the Mac client at this time.

When you import a web connect file, Quicken will still verify if that bank is supported. That is the error you are getting-nationwide isn't coming back as supported, so import is blocked.

If you look at the bank setup list to create a new 401k account, Nationwide isn't listed at all.
  • thenizens
    thenizens Member
    Hey John,

I see that they're not listed, and yet it still works just fine on Windows, as I just downloaded successfully a few minutes ago. Are you saying the supported list of banks varies by OS?

What's interesting is that if I look at the Account Details in the Windows version of Quicken, it shows the Financial Institution as "Nationwide Financial" with Web Connect enabled. If I try to add a new account, Nationwide Financial isn't listed as an option. Do you think Quicken discontinued support and somehow I still have legacy support? If so, that's highly annoying. I've got over 100 new transactions, so entering them manually isn't going to fly.

Thanks
  • thenizens
    thenizens Member
    smayer97 - Thanks!

I've got something to play with!
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2020
    Hey John,

I see that they're not listed, and yet it still works just fine on Windows, as I just downloaded successfully a few minutes ago. Are you saying the supported list of banks varies by OS?

What's interesting is that if I look at the Account Details in the Windows version of Quicken, it shows the Financial Institution as "Nationwide Financial" with Web Connect enabled. If I try to add a new account, Nationwide Financial isn't listed as an option. Do you think Quicken discontinued support and somehow I still have legacy support? If so, that's highly annoying. I've got over 100 new transactions, so entering them manually isn't going to fly.

Thanks
    Yes, Financial Institution (FI) support does vary by OS/client. But, it could also be that Nationwide has decided not to renew their contract with Quicken for either platform, and that is why you are no longer seeing Nationwide.  
  • thenizens
    thenizens Member
    smayer97 - That worked! I edited the QFX file with a valid BID and name, imported the file to Quicken, linked the account and it sucked in all 102 transactions perfectly. Thanks buddy!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    most welcome!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.