Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken annual fees, paying for online services I will never use

DaWeav
DaWeav Member ✭✭
I do not understand why a customer like me who just uses Quicken Deluxe on their home computers and downloads the QFX files from their backing institutions outside of Quicken and then manually imports them offline into Quicken without using any of the Quicken online services at all is required to pay the full annual subscription for the Quicken product. I do not have the desire to use any of the Quicken online services at all and would like to pay a more reasonable annual price for the Quick :/ :/ en Deluxe software since I feel I would be paying for all of the online features that I am not going to use at all.

For customers like me, why can’t Quicken just limit me to just one (1) online account? That way I can maintain the Quicken Deluxe application manually (offline) like I have been doing for years, and hopefully at a more reasonable annual price point without paying for all of the Quicken Online features that I will never use.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭

What is discontinuation? What Quicken services will be discontinued?

Quicken products contain online services such as transaction download and online bill pay. A purchase of a Quicken product license includes the ability to use these online services until the discontinuation date (listed in the chart above).

On the corresponding date for your Quicken product, these connected services will expire and be discontinued:

• Online bill pay
    • Downloading and/or importing financial data
    • Downloading stock quotes, news headlines and other financial information into Quicken
    • Uploading portfolio information from Quicken to Quicken.com
    • Live Support
    • Software patches and updates

Currently Supported Quicken Products (Discontinuation Policy)

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Hello @DaWeav,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your concerns, and I'm sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the new subscription policy.

I recommend that you get in touch with Quicken phone support at 650-250-1900 and express your concerns with them. They may be able to work something out for you.

Alternatively, you can also check online with 3rd party stores to see if they offer any discounts or deals for the new Quicken program (i.e.: Amazon, Costco, etc).

Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    DaWeav: That's a good question but it's kind of like asking Lexus why they don't offer an economy Kia-like car for those who don't want or need everything that is included in a Lexus.  You need to do the cost/benefit analysis and then do research to find out which products/services in the market might best meet that want and need.  Quicken is a premium product offering a lot of things that some people simply do not want/need or do not want to pay for.  So, if Quicken's cost is not meeting your want/need then you might want to consider exploring other options.  A Google search for personal finance programs will identify a number of options with varying features, some of which are free, that might meet your want/need better.  Some can even import your Quicken data so you can retain your historical data.
    Your other options are:
    • To continue using your Deluxe program without subscribing.  You can continue using it manually for as long as you want but you won't have any of the online features (including direct import of QFX files).
    • To purchase your subscription when Quicken offers a reduced promotional price.
    • To purchase your subscription from a retailer (like, Amazon or eBay).  You can often get much better prices going this route. You just need to make sure that those sellers are reputable, that what they are offering is the subscription product and that it comes with the activation code.  Look for Quicken Deluxe/Premier 2018 or Quicken Deluxe/Premier 2019, instead of Quicken Deluxe/Premier 2020, to get the best prices.  Don't be concerned with the year since that is mostly just marketing.  The activation code is what is important.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.19 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.