Why are transactions not appearing on reconciliation page?

First time this happened. Several expense and deposit transactions entered properly are not appearing on my reconciliation page.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run OSU or "Update Now", again.  Reconciling only pulls in transactions that have dates on/before the date of the last account update and perhaps in your last OSU or "Update Now" the update process did not complete properly. (Note:  Even though the OSU Summary might show on the right that the update was completed it is sometimes not the case.  To find out if the account was really updated, in the OSU Summary click on the blue font underlined link beneath the name of the FI saying how many accounts were updated.  That will bring up a popup showing the specific accounts that were updated and the last date each was updated.)
    If you still see this issue:  I've seen this happen with transactions downloaded by the FI but where the transactions haven't fully cleared in the FI's database.  In every case where this has happened to me I've found that if I wait until the next day and run OSU, again, this reconciliation issue goes away.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• hbraxton
    hbraxton Member
    My problem now is that after clicking on OSU, it asks for a vault password and I never had one of these. My password for Quicken doesn't work. How do I get a vault passowrd?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The PW for PW Vault is different from your Quicken PW.  At some point you must have asked Quicken to save one or more of your account's Userid and PW (maybe during account setup?).  When that happens Quicken places it in the PW Vault.   When that first Userid and PW were saved to PW Vault you should have been prompted to create a PW for PW Vault.
    Since you don't remember your PW for PW Vault you can reset it where you will be given the opportunity to create a new PW for PW Vault:  Tools>Password Vault>Reset. 
    Note that doing Reset will delete all saved Userids and PWs for all accounts you have saved in PW Vault for OSU.  It doesn't affect the online services that have been set up for those accounts but when you next run OSU you will be prompted to enter the Userids and PWs for each online account before OSU will run.  You can then elect to either save them to your PW Vault or not. 
    • If you opt to save them, then each time you reopen your Quicken file and run OSU you will be asked to enter the PW for your PW Vault.
    • If you opt to not save them, then you will have to manually enter all your account Userid's and PW's every time you run OSU.
    FYI:  If you have not been prompted to enter your PW for PW Vault before, then I'm guessing you haven't closed your Quicken file in a while.  Once you close Quicken and then reopen it and want to run OSU, as long as you'd previously saved account login information to the PW Vault, Quicken will always prompt you to enter your PW for the PW Vault.  Once your enter that PW you will not be prompted to enter it again during that session.  But the next time you reopen your Quicken file and run OSU, again, you will be prompted to enter your PW for PW Vault.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)