Multiple Quicken ID sign-ins required (Windows Deluxe R25.21)

I changed my email address for my Quicken Account. When I start Quicken, I have to sign-in with my Quicken Id twice. Then a window appears saying that I am registered and I should download and install Quicken and then execute it.
I already have the latest version so I just choose my data file. I then have to sign-on again with my Quicken ID! Then enter my data file password and vault password to do a one step update. Everything then works fine. Of course, when I run Quicken again the process is the same. Note that if I skip the Quicken Id sign-ons and just open my data file, the one-step update will not download quotes but will update all accounts.
The one-step update also wastes a bit of time in that the first time it executes, it doesn't show the account selection dialog and doesn't seem to do any updating. The second time it runs the dialog is displayed and I can select my accounts.
All in all, using Quicken has turned into a laborious process!
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this be what's wrong with your Quicken?

Stuck in loop with logon to Quicken.com? Quicken fails to start? Quicken won't save changes to lists or transactions? (Windows 10)

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• Thomas Mone
    Thomas Mone Member ✭✭
    Thank you but Ransomware protection is not enabled on my machine.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    You have mentioned a few different issues ...
    1 - When you start Quicken - do you get the Data File Password screen, along with the Quicken signon screen in the background... 
    If so - you can ignore the background signon screen - it will disappear in about 20secs, or after you enter your Data File Password -
    2 - If you do a .... Help --> About Quicken ... 
    does the Registered To - reflect your current Quicken ID ?

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Thomas Mone
    Thomas Mone Member ✭✭
    Thank you. There is no Enter Data File Password dialog - just the "Welcome to Quicken" page that is shown in the background in the example above. At the point that page is displayed, I checked the About Quicken, and my correct id is displayed with the correct future license expiration date.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    > @ps56k said:
    > You have mentioned a few different issues ...1 - When you start Quicken - do you get the Data File Password screen, along with the Quicken signon screen in the background...  If so - you can ignore the background signon screen - it will disappear in about 20secs, or after you enter your Data File Password -
    > 2 - If you do a .... Help --> About Quicken ... 
    > does the Registered To - reflect your current Quicken ID ?(Image)

I have a similar issue where the Quicken online login screen pops up in the background every time I start Quicken Deluxe (2020 Subscription). I AM able to get into my local quicken and I AM able to download my recent transactions. I DISLIKE the website logon screen in the background as I -never- use that function and wish I could get rid of that. You see it in this thread behind the data password entry box. QUICKEN SUPPORT, can you make this easy and simple so 'local' users are not incessantly nagged to logon to Quicken remote server PLEASE AND THANK YOU. It is 100% the most annoying 'feature' (some call it a 'bug') of Quicken subscriptions. Sure, if a user wants his or her data to be on the web, God bless them. For the rest of us, it's a gigantic pain in the rump. C'mon guys! Make it happen, please!
This discussion has been closed.