Can I update a single account

I just bought Quicken 2019 for Mac. With Q2017 for Mac I could use Control-U to update a single account. Now it seems that with a particular account selected, Control-U causes all accounts to be updated. Can I change this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @mvitulli

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. The shortcut keys should actually remain the same between the 2017 and 2019 program to update accounts.  shift + command + U will update all of the accounts and each individual account can be updated by click on the account first and then using command + U

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Have you perhaps changed how various accounts are connected? 

In both QM2017 and QM2020, whenever you update one account using Direct Connect, all accounts at that same bank will be updated.

Whenever you update any account connected via Quicken Connect, then all Quicken Connect accounts will be updated.

It has always been this way, and still is.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    Only an experiment will reveal whether Quicken Francisco or RickO is correct. Thanks for responding. I think the behavior is different from Q2017.
  • RickO
    The behavior hasn't change. But there's one more thing you can check. Pull down Accounts menu and verify that Command-Shift-U is assigned to Update All Online Accounts and that Command-U is assigned to Update Selected Online Account. The keyboard shortcuts can be modified in macOS System Preferences > Keyboard.
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    Under the Accounts menu in the topmost menu bar Command U is update selected online account and Command-Shift-U is Update all online account
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    I opened System Preferences > Keyboard but don't see anything for Quicken. Where do I modify? I tried with App Shortcuts but wasn't able in input anything for Quicken.
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    PS I opened Keyboard and selected the tab for Shortcuts.
  • RickO
    Here's how you modify macOS keyboard shortcuts for any app:

macOS Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    I don't see how a shortcut would help. How would I specify that Command-U is to only update a given account?
This discussion has been closed.