Won't connect to Financial Institution

v 5.15.3 Cannot connect to Edward Jones using valid (Edward Jones) sign in. This has persisted for the last several days/couple of weeks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bruce Johnson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and sorry to hear that you're experiencing this.

To better assist you-- Are there any error codes or messages you are receiving when trying to connect with Edward Jones?

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bruce Johnson
    Bruce Johnson Member ✭✭
    I have attached the screenshots. Bottom line is that I can download transactions if I turn off the VPN, but with VPN "on", I can't...and if I try to activate the accounts while VPN is active, I see the attached screens. I'm using the most current version of the Norton Lifelock VPN
  • Bruce Johnson
    Bruce Johnson Member ✭✭
    I believe this is a compatibility issue between Quicken and Norton VPN
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you discussed this with Norton Support yet? You might have to make a change to your VPN settings to get it to work. Only Norton Support will have the know-how to dig deeper and find out what's going wrong and why.
  • Bruce Johnson
    Bruce Johnson Member ✭✭
    I have broached the issue with them via social media, but as yet no response. Your response is puzzling. I'd hope that you would be concerned about issues of this nature.
  • Bruce Johnson
    Bruce Johnson Member ✭✭
    My apologies! I do appreciate your input. I’m now convinced that the issue is with Norton, and hope they can provide some remedy!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do keep us informed. Ever since Norton VPN came out, there have been a handful of discussions about this problem, but I don't recall ever seeing a solution posted here in the Community (other than "turn off VPN", I mean).
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Bruce Johnson thank you for the information and screenshots you provided.

Based on your screenshots and your explanation-- I would say that this issue is being caused by the VPN you're using then, if the issue does only occur while that's turned on. We have seen this happen several times with multiple customers also using VPN and sometimes (not always) even with different anti-virus programs.

From my own personal experience with temporarily needing to use VPN for a short while, it was also causing issues with my own Quicken software along with some other programs.

If you'd like to-- you can also reach out to Quicken Support via chat or phone and share your screen with one of our reps to have it looked at, if you're comfortable doing so.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bruce Johnson
    Bruce Johnson Member ✭✭
    I have received a response from Norton, and though I'm not happy with it, I do accept it. Evidently, the Norton VPN is unable to communicate with some servers. This must include the investment accounts of USAA and Edward Jones. The only feasible course of action for me is to turn off the VPN before updating my accounts. In the end, it appears that to fully resolve this issue, the financial institutions must allow connection via VPN.
This discussion has been closed.