Black number in actual column

What does it mean when a number in the "actual" column for a month is black instead of the normal blue? Where did this number come from?

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The only place I see where the number is black in the budget annual view/actual column is the total. Are you seeing it on a category line?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rlr154, are you talking about the current budget report?  If so, the black numbers are totals, not the lowest level categories which you can click on to see the details of the amount.  With the totals you can't see the details.

If you you are talking about the budget annual view mentioned by Chris_QPW, I am seeing the same as he is.  Only the overall total at the bottom is black.
  • rlr154
    rlr154 Member ✭✭
    The black number is not a total. Quicken created a new subcategory under the vacation category called "everything else" the number in the actual column for March under this new category is black unlike all of the other numbers in the actual column which are blue. The blue numbers all link to the back up detail. The black number has no links. FYI: I am using the Windows subscription version of Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's odd. All my budget numbers for "Everything else" in all categories show a clickable blue Actual amount, 0.00 mostly.
    Everything Else
    •   Everything Else within a category, such as Auto

Everything Else appears within a category if you've selected the parent category and at least one, but not all subcategories within that category. It represents the sum of amounts spent or received in the unbudgeted subcategories within a category. Here are some things you can do with the amount:

• Ignore the amount: If you are not concerned with the amount, you can just ignore it.
      • Reduce or eliminate the amount: Take a look at the subcategories included in the Everything Else amount, then add those subcategories to your budget; or, remove all of the subcategories and track only at the category level.
      • Budget the amount: Assign a budget amount to Everything Else to create a collective budget for all of the subcategories it contains. To do so, click the Everything Else line and enter an amount.
    By the way, I'm on Q 2020 R 25.21
    What version, year and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken to get this information
  • rlr154
    rlr154 Member ✭✭
    I am on the same version of Quicken as you are Q 2020 R 25.21. The problem with this black number is it has no links to research its source. All of the other numbers in the actual categories and sub categories are blue and I can use the links to investigate the sources.
This discussion has been closed.