Editing a Budget in Q Mac

Options
bdubsposse
bdubsposse Member ✭✭
I am still migrating to the Quicken platform from my YNAB account. In setting up my overall budget I created multiple years within the single budget instance. However, I realized I did not like this approach in Quicken based on my personal preferences so I created a separate budget instance for each year vs all years in the single budget instance.

Is there a way to delete the extra years out of my original budget instance so I am just left with the one year I need? Not seeing how to do this. I can add with no issues but not sure how to remove if even possible.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello @bdubsposse,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Just for clarification-- Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume the original and the new budget are 2 different budgets you are able to pull up when opening the budget dropdown menu? If so-- what it sounds like to is that you simply just need to delete the original budget that was created.

You can do so by going to the budget dropdown tab and select the original budget so it opens. Once opened-- Go back to the budget dropdown tab and you'll see that the budget is now selected with a checkmark at the top of the list and at the bottom of the list you will have the option to click "Delete budget..." (see illustration below). After clicking that, you will get another dropdown at the top-middle of your Quicken window where you will click on the blue "Delete" button to confirm it and remove the budget from your Quicken.

Alternatively, being that you are new to Quicken-- I would also like to let you know that you do have the option to contact our Quicken Support's Quicken 1-2-3 team by completing the form available hereThis team has been specifically put together for new Quicken users. They will be able to help with any questions you may have about the program that you may be unfamiliar with, give you a personal one-on-one tour around the program, etc. You will also have the option to screen share with them if you feel comfortable doing so. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

-Quicken Anja

(edited to remove number and add link)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bdubsposse
    bdubsposse Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry this is not the scenario…I have years 1,2, and 3 in one budget file. Once I realized this set-up would not work for me I created a separate file for year 2 and one for year 3 since I had not done much set up on those in the combined budget file.

Now I am trying to clean up the original file by removing years 2 and 3 from it without having to recreate the entire year 1 budget again.

Is there a way to remove years 2 and 3 from my instance that had years 1, 2 and 3 in it originally?

Thanks,
    Brad
This discussion has been closed.