Quicken has created temp accounts ACCT_4070 ACCT_4071 etc.

I just discovered seven new Property & Debt accounts holding a variety of transactions. They are labeled ACCT_4070 ACCT_4071 up to ACCT_4076
What happened. What is the best way to solve this?
I have gone back about 9 months of backups and they are still there. I missed them because you have to scroll down to see them. These hold transactions from 2012 to present. There are too many of them to simply search them out. I have run validate - no luck.
One of the accounts I moved and reclassified. There are no items in it but it still shows a balance.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How to resolve Temp or ACCT_ accounts

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-resolve-tempaccounts

• Platt Johnson
    Platt Johnson Member ✭✭
    I already saw that. Is this the best I can do? I was hoping for some way to locate what real account was deleted or overwritten by the new temp account.
    Also wanted to reach out as I am on version 2020 and this referred to 2017.
    It seems odd to have had so many created.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The creation of those accounts is an indication of corruption in your Q data file.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Platt Johnson
    Platt Johnson Member ✭✭
    So - Backup and then delete would be great BUT these files appear to be holding unique information that should not be deleted and is not a duplicate.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you do the Validate and Repair (which will delete these accounts) the info in them will re-download into the correct accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.