Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Investments (Windows)

3 & 5 Year Average Annual IRR Calculations

BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
When I had Quicken 2016 (and with earlier versions) and there was insufficient historical securities holdings data to calculate the average annual 3-yr and 5-yr IRR's, Quicken would show "N/A" in those columns in the Portfolio view.  That was logical and not confusing. 
When I upgraded to subscription a little over a year ago I noticed Quicken now shows the 1-yr IRR number in those 3-yr and 5-yr columns. 
It is not only confusing to do that but it contradicts what Quicken Help says should be shown there (Quicken Help indicates it should show "N/A").  I've seen several users make similar comments in Community so I know it's not just me that finds this frustrating.
Can we get this fixed so "N/A" shows up, again?
(QW Premier Subscription: R27.28 on Windows 10)
If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others can know it might help them, too.
Tagged:
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I should have also noted that when there is enough data to calculate the 3-yr annual avg IRR but not enough to calculate the 5-yr annual avg IRR Quicken will simply roll forward the 3-yr IRR number into the 5-yr column instead of putting "N/A" there.  This requested fix should also be applied to this scenario, too.
    If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others can know it might help them, too.
  • Mike CraigMike Craig Member ✭✭
    This is exactly my experience. Quicken 2017 did not return results for which the time period did not exist.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Mike Craig - If you want this changed, please use the voting button above.  The more people who vote for it, the more likely Quicken will address it.