Budget amounts

I'm trying to make a budget in Quicken. We have a Quicken Visa and I want to use the categories I've got in the program. When I create the budget Quicken seems to pull numbers out of the air. How do I specify the yearly/monthly amount I want to spend?
thanks,

Best Answer

Answers

• Rasta3007
    Rasta3007 Member
    Sorry, just to clarify, the numbers I don't understand are for
    --Spending, on the upper left
    --Budget, on the upper right
    ----The amount LEFT, which is beneath the rectangular gray bar centered at the top of the page.
    thanks
  • Rasta3007
    Rasta3007 Member
    Thanks for your answer. What i don't understand is the figure at the upper right -- it apparently has no relevance to the actual budget figures. For instance, the personal income = $90k, but Quicken has $136k as the total budget amount in the upper right, along with an exclamation point 9when I click that a balloon op=ens to warn me I have over-budgeted some categories.)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rasta3007 said:
    Thanks for your answer. What i don't understand is the figure at the upper right -- it apparently has no relevance to the actual budget figures. For instance, the personal income = $90k, but Quicken has $136k as the total budget amount in the upper right, along with an exclamation point 9when I click that a balloon op=ens to warn me I have over-budgeted some categories.)
    Again, the number at the upper right should be the aggregate amount budgeted in the budgeted categories.  If that is not what you're seeing, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Rasta3007
    Rasta3007 Member
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.