Newly downloaded transactions "overwriting" older transactions

I recently updated from Q2017 to the subscription version R25.21, and immediately started repeatedly having this issue with my checking account. For example, today when I updated, there was a newly cleared check number 3120 for $200. When I clicked the "accept all" button, the new transaction did not appear in the register, and there was no error message. I noticed that my online balance and ending balance were suddenly off by $200. Closer inspection showed that Quicken had assigned check number 3120 to a recent (10 days ago) $200 electronic credit card payment from my checking account, instead of creating the proper new transaction. Any idea what might be causing this?

Best Answers

Answers

• grener34
    grener34 Member
    Tom, my answers to your questions in your first paragraph are all "yes". Since I don't manually enter transactions, I don't pay much attention to the status in the downloaded transactions area, so I don't know the status of the problematic transactions. I will keep an eye out for that in the future, and also look into tweaking any user-configurable settings for the matching algorithm. I think you hit the nail on the head with your diagnosis! Thanks a bunch :)
  • grener34
    grener34 Member
    Thanks UKR! I will be keeping a closer eye on the downloaded transactions before accepting them. Too bad there is not a way for users to specify detailed matching criteria, such as date range. Hopefully, Quicken will "learn" over time, and matching will improve.
This discussion has been closed.