How do I prevent the $9.95 charge for Quicken Bill Pay?

I download transactions from my bank but I don't use Quicken BIll Pay.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi @oleblue1972,

We need some info to answer your question, as follows:

Which version/tier of Quicken are you using (Starter, Deluxe, or Premier)?
    Did you (or are you) signed-up for Q Bill Pay?

Let us know.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• oleblue1972
    oleblue1972 Member
    I renewed my membership today. I download transactions from my bank, but I don't use Quicken Bill Pay.

I use Quicken on a MAC. My Premier membership ends on 4/7/2020. I purchased a Starter Membership today.

I reviewed the various plans offered. The "Starter" membership is all I need. I am not interested in a Quicken Bill Pay PAID PLAN for an additional $9.95 per month for this service.

Thanks!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Okay - so the answer is actually pretty simple - Quicken Bill Pay is an option (not part of the Q subscrption/membership).  It is available to those who want to pay their bills through Quicken.  You need to sign-up for it if you want to use it.  If you don't want it or need it - you do nothing.

So you are good to go!

Good luck on your new subscription, and feel free to post here if you have any questions going forward.

Take care & stay safe!

Frankx.

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• oleblue1972
    oleblue1972 Member
    That does not agree with the email that I received from Quicken when I renewed by subscription. I called the number listed and clicked on the link provided in the email. It pointed me to a chat option. Basically, from what I can determine, something needs to be done to stop from being billed. See Below:

Important changes to your Quicken Bill Pay account
    Your Quicken Bill Pay account is now a PAID PLAN and in 30 days you will be charged $9.95 per month for this service. If you want to stop using Quicken Bill Pay, please see our instructions on how to cancel Quicken Bill Pay or call FIS Quicken Bill Pay support at 1-877-486-8844 for help cancelling your account.
  • oleblue1972
    oleblue1972 Member
    Thanks for your help. The first time I called the phone number in the email, it directed me to quicken.com/support. I must have selected the wrong menu options from the IVR. This time, I selected the option to cancel Quicken Bill Pay. although I'm still on hold, I think I'm making progress. Thanks again for your assistance.
  • oleblue1972
    oleblue1972 Member
    I just spoke to a Quicken Bill Pay agent. She explained that the email I received was a generic email that does not apply to me. It applies to only customers that have signed up for Quicken Bill Pay. Thanks again for your help.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - glad that it worked out!

Frankx

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, the Starter Edition is very limited and if you do not renew it it goes into read only mode and you can't use it even manually.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.